TinFoil Beanie Tingling!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Ok fellow Mouse-k-teers Im seeing a definite pattern. I for one am getting the paperwork for all the firearms I own and making copies. This whole proof of purchase, ownership, receipt BS seems to be a convenient tool to relieve people of their firearms by some lesser humans. No police bashing here, just got some weeds in the garden so to speak. They seem to have the approval of their higher ups and some elected officials. So I think as a precautionary measure, even though it shouldn't be this way, we should all take some of the stories posted as a warning of a tactic some misguided individuals will use, and get our papers in order.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Best of luck to you then, most of mine were purchased locally, any others wont break my heart if they keep, oh wait, I buried those. I mean.. Wow Officer you guys are quick, some Huge Guy and a Serial Stomper just stole those guns with no paper work. They took off just over that grassy knoll behind that wooden fence...

Would you really want to be carrying a handgun, or rifle in your vehicle that you couldn't prove was yours? What I dont understand is that in a logical world, when they run the serial number and is doesnt come up as a stolen weapon, and you are not a felon that hasnt had his/her firearms rights restored, and their is no other reason for the traffic stop other than a citation, well that should be the end of it.

Also during a period of social unrest, or disaster and its when you feel the need to be armed, I dont think its a good idea to let it be known to the authorities that you are armed anyway? Discretion would be a better tactic. Cant take what you dont know about right? But lets say you have to evacuate, if you need to be armed, it would be a prudent idea to have the paperwork in order just as a precautionary measure. Plus its a good idea to have a place in your home that you can stash your weapons thats hidden. Think like a looter. Do you really think a looter would put much effort in systematically searching your home for firearms. Bolts are easily removed and can be taken with you, or easily hidden rendering a firearm useless for immediate use. Trigger locks, and lockable gun racks, lockers, or safes are a good investment. But nonetheless you cant take what you cant find.

Top Bottom