To Lafourche Parish S.O.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    If there is anyone here from the LPSO, please pass on my thanks to whomever worked my son's wreck on La 182 last night.

My son was on his way back to Nicholls State where he's a Culinary major in the John Folse Institute. A deer jumped out in front of him causing him to swerve into the ditch. Whoever responded did a nice job of calming down my son - even joking that next time he needs to hit the deer, then cook it for the guys who respond. It helped settle the kid down enough so that when his car was pulled out of the ditch and found to still be drivable and street-legal, he was able to go on to school without any trouble.

I, however, spent the rest of the night tossing and turning, praying thanks to God for what might have been.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I think we have a guy on here that works for them. I think it's lpso708

Glad your son is ok.

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    A few updates here.

1. My son tells me that the LPSO was female, if that helps anyone figure who she was.

2. the tow truck charged him $200 just to pull him out of the ditch and put him back on the road - they didn't transport the vehicle anywhere; talk about highway robbery - the last time I used a tow trcuck (a few months ago), all they charged me was $80 bucks and they transported the car 10 miles.

3. and probably most important, On Monday morning, my son found out a that one of his best friends was killed in an accident on Hwy 90 that was eerily similar, although there has been no official cause of the crash.
    http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2010/11/young_tammany_artist_dies_in_l.html

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I used a towtruck a couple months ago to pick up my girlfriend's truck in Maurepas in southern Livingston Parish and haul it to Pride about a mile from the East Feliciana line and they charged $160.

Oh and the wrecker came from the City of Central to Maurepas hauled the truck to Pride then he went back to Central. Not bad for all that driving.

It was Davis & Son's in Central.

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    If there is anyone here from the LPSO, please pass on my thanks to whomever worked my son's wreck on La 182 last night.

My son was on his way back to Nicholls State where he's a Culinary major in the John Folse Institute. A deer jumped out in front of him causing him to swerve into the ditch. Whoever responded did a nice job of calming down my son - even joking that next time he needs to hit the deer, then cook it for the guys who respond. It helped settle the kid down enough so that when his car was pulled out of the ditch and found to still be drivable and street-legal, he was able to go on to school without any trouble.

I, however, spent the rest of the night tossing and turning, praying thanks to God for what might have been.

A few updates here.

1. My son tells me that the LPSO was female, if that helps anyone figure who she was.

2. the tow truck charged him $200 just to pull him out of the ditch and put him back on the road - they didn't transport the vehicle anywhere; talk about highway robbery - the last time I used a tow trcuck (a few months ago), all they charged me was $80 bucks and they transported the car 10 miles.

3. and probably most important, On Monday morning, my son found out a that one of his best friends was killed in an accident on Hwy 90 that was eerily similar, although there has been no official cause of the crash.
    http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2010/11/young_tammany_artist_dies_in_l.html

High praise to LPSO. Very impressive indeed.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Glad to here he's okay, other than losing his friend. Hope everything works for him, good luck with school and all.

Tow truck service isn't what it use to be. Clement's in Laplace raped me when he towed my wife's van from sorrento to laplace, $500 tow bill. Denis Clement is a crook in my book.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Actually, Clement's is usually one of the more reasonable tow companies. Sorrento is further than he usually goes though.

If the police called the tow truck then the prices charged are much higher than normal. I think that's supposed to account for the drivers waiting for the police to finish writing up the accident before the tow truck driver can actually tow the car.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Most important thing is your boy was okay, thank goodness....Very nice work by the lady deputy.

southernk9cop

Resident Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 3, 2007
    Houma
    Have your son contact LPSO and find out the deputy's name. Write a letter stating what you posted here. Letters of commendation from the public are nice to have in your personnel folder.

Top Bottom