TODAY I dumped AT&T wireles:}

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I have been with Verizon since it was Centurytell, lol, and I have always LOVED making fun of my dumb friends with AT&T. There are so many places where you cannot get any reception with AT&T that I get perfect reception with Vz. Hell, I even got reception when I went down to Tiujuana!

As to phones: Unless you are a technologically minded person, you don't really want a smart phone. They can be kind of dumb at times and it can take some skill to get them to act right. Casio makes some phones that are darn near indestructible. That is what my dad carries and he loves it.

When you go to the Verizon store, ask them to point you to the drop proof water resistant phones, you won't regret it.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I'm about to dump ATT internet. It flat out sucks now. It used to be great--NO connectivity issues. Now? DC every 30-45 minutes for 30-60 seconds at a time--just enough to dick up anything I am doing like online gaming or upload/downloads.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    ive had them for 7 years now, and have 5 lines thru them.

i am seriously considering dropping them when my last line comes free this spring.

so many issues, such bad customer service. ill prolly go back to verison.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Just recently dumped ATT and went with Verizon. I'm beyond pleased with Verizon so far. My fiancee' and I both got the Droid Razr Maxx
    Love the phone. Awesome battery life and crazy fast. Here's a tip. If you decide to go with Verizon, set up your account through Amazon Wireless. The phones are discounted a great deal. Verizon wanted $299 for the Razr Maxx. We paid $99

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    The only thing you may want to watch out for is the data charges. I don't think Verizon OR ATT are offering unlimited plans anymore if you aren't grandfathered in

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    The only thing you may want to watch out for is the data charges. I don't think Verizon OR ATT are offering unlimited plans anymore if you aren't grandfathered in

Well believe it or not A$$T&T switched my plan for me from unlimited at the first of the month! Ironically I was notified, last night I get an email that I'm about to go over on my data plan...Can't wait for Best Buy to open to dump the turds:}

On phone with them now!!

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    LOL OK here's the latest....

Somehow I've been grandfathered in on the UNLIMITED PLAN NOW since I spoke to them yesterday. What I have is a SOFT REMINDER that I am approaching my data limit of 5 GIGS IF I WEREN'T on the UNLIMITED plan.

Pile it higher and deeper lol

Gotta love A$$T&T

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    I started to drop calls left and right w att starting this summer, data was great sometimes, 28.8k at others. - i have a 4g phone and usually 4-5 bars.. went to the warranty place to make sure my phone wasn't messed up - it wasn't. turns out they could see i was dropping calls bc the towers are degraded - they oversold their network, and the towers can't handle it.

should finally have time to call them today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Had ATT since it was bellsouth wireless and ditched them a year ago for verizon. No complaints and I did it just in time to get grandfathered in to the unlimited data.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    We switched a few years ago to Verizon. I got sick of dropped calls when I was on the road. Or no coverage at all actually... When I complained to AT&T their answer was that in the city their coverage is better and couldn't care less about in between I switched.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Casio makes some phones that are darn near indestructible. That is what my dad carries and he loves it.

When you go to the Verizon store, ask them to point you to the drop proof water resistant phones, you won't regret it.
    I have a Casio Commando and I can safely say it is the tuffest cell phone I have ever seen.It has no otter box because it has its own built in.I have dropped it hundreds of times from heights higher than 5 ft.Never had a screen protective film and it still has no scraches on it at all.It is truly waterproof.I test that every day durring the rainy season.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Well finally dupmed AT&T toady on wireless internet card and phone.

They did INTERUPT my service on the internet device but just as a reminder I needed to swith off of the UNLIMITED PLAN that it seems I didn't have after all, although three feriners said I did lol...
    Anyway bye bye At&T hello the big V

So ah far so good:} Oh I saved $53.00 per month with Big V's Share paln too>>>> I like DAT me!

Thanks for all the feed back..Peace B with U!

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Welcome to the side of good, brother. You will enjoy it far more than AT&T. It is true, though about the unlimited data plan. I have it on my phone because I've had mine for a year and a half, but if I wanted to move to a share plan, I'd have to give it up. Might not be so bad for me, since my wife and I combined go through less than 4GB data a month.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Seems a lot of people here are making my decision easier. My contract is up around November and it looks like I should start looking at Verizon. Did anyone port their existing mobile numbers from AT&T to Verizon or did you just take new numbers?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I hate the sound that cdma gives you or I would swap, I can almost get the service for free but I hate the compression.. and I hate att more, and I spend a lot of money with them but have unlimited everything, and 5 lines..

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Seems a lot of people here are making my decision easier. My contract is up around November and it looks like I should start looking at Verizon. Did anyone port their existing mobile numbers from AT&T to Verizon or did you just take new numbers?
    Walked into the Verizon store, they transferred all my contacts from the old phones to the new, deactivated AT&T, enabled the new phones with the same numbers, and walked out. It took awhile, with all the setup etc. for a brand-new account and 3 lines, but went perfectly smoothly.

Top Bottom