Totally new from BR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SilverGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome to Bayou Shooters and congrats on seeing the light. The smell of burnt gunpowder and the tinkle of brass on concrete are addictive, ya know!

I think I'm lured by the thought of thigh holsters. I'm such a girl...LOL! But yes, it has been pretty addictive! I've seen the light and hearing the voices...("run to the light!!") Hah!

SilverGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    You sure that 9mm has enough stopping power for Pre-K? I heard it gets pretty rough sometime dealing with all those immature people, then you have their kids to worry about also.

Just kidding, welcome and enjoy. Once you get comfortable with holding, shooting & reloading you need to get out of the indoor shooting range and get outside for shooting enjoyment.

Haha!! They are pretty wild when it gets close to the weekends and holidays!
    To tell you the truth, the 4 year olds that I teach are more mature than some of the adults that are around me!!! :run:

One day soon, I will go to my friend's property and shoot outside!!! Can't wait!

SilverGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Have you been to a public school in the last 20 years? I'm suprised more teachers aren't in the news for defense shootings.

Just a couple weeks ago, some guy shot someone nearby and ran towards our school area. Our school went into lockdown. Even if the students don't get you, random strangers will! But I still feel safe at my school, even though it's a title 1 school. I love my little Pre-Kers!! :)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Welcome to the site! You made a good choice with the M&P, they are great guns. Sounds like your on the right track with seeking proper training as well. If you want to take it a step further, there's lots of great training right here in southeast LA, there's actually an Intro to Defensive Pistol class this Friday with Paul Gomez in Hammond, and a Women's Defensive Pistol course Saturday at VATA Training in Covington. Short notice, I know, but a great investment if you can make either.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Woman joining shootings sports: Awesome
    Woman joining a local forum: Awesomer
    Woman getting professional instruction to be a better shooter: Miles ahead of many of us
    Woman getting behind a M&P 9mm: Good taste.

Welcome to the site!!!

Come drop me a PM sometime on the M&P if you'd like. I just got a M&P 9mm and have added what I now consider "essential" mods that turned the weapon into a REAL performer.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    are you single?

LegHumper.gif

SilverGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome to the site! You made a good choice with the M&P, they are great guns. Sounds like your on the right track with seeking proper training as well. If you want to take it a step further, there's lots of great training right here in southeast LA, there's actually an Intro to Defensive Pistol class this Friday with Paul Gomez in Hammond, and a Women's Defensive Pistol course Saturday at VATA Training in Covington. Short notice, I know, but a great investment if you can make either.

Great information!! Thank you for the heads up! I'm thinking about going to the gun show this Saturday so I probably won't make it to VATA Training. I'm hoping they hold both training sessions on a monthly basis. I will look into it! Thanks for the warm welcome! I am loving my M&P!

Top Bottom