TPS USPSA Match 03/23/2014

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    The rain stayed at bay and it was a good morning for shooting. I had a great time and some fun stages. Always a big thanks to Lightning and Hoov for putting on the match.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Yea Brandon, I'd say you did, lol. My favorite was stage 4, best PPR I've shot and strong hand on right side with lotta A's was nice too:-)

Sent from my flux capacitor

JayDubU

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    It was a very fun match and a nice change of pace from the usual two shots on paper..I've decided to provide some comedic relief on stage 4. Don't laugh too hard. Lol

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well all you gotta do is show up. That would be the firs thing. A lot of the matches are listed here or you could look at "LaGator.org" and get all the dates , times, & places where they're being held. There is also a practice session in Baker at The Range on Wednesday night, starting at 5:30 pm running for about 2 hours. Good place the start and get used to the commands. If you might also want to look up "uspsa.org" as they are the parent organization. If you have any more questions just send me a PM and I'll see they get answered. Don't worry about not being good enough, we all had to start somewhere.

Beauxdog

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    how does one get involved in these matches?

The lagator website basically has everything you need as far as info. I am not sure where you are from but usually the Amite match will have a few hours of practice time on the Saturday's before the match and if you help setup then you shoot the match for free. A good bit of bayoushooter members shoot matches and everyone I have met so far are more than happy to help out a new shooter. :flamed:

lineofdeparture

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    New Roads
    Thanks guys. I love shooting, but unfortunately I'm always shooting alone. I've been wanting to start in comps but I don't usually go to ranges since I basically shoot on my own property in new roads. I appreciate all this info and hope to meet you guys soon. I'm not worried about not being good enough, I just want to have some fun! Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    dont worry about shooting alone... these group of guys are the best group of guys you'll meet anywhere.

just stay away from the mexican named George Hemstad. i heard he's married, but have yet to see his wife.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    dont worry about shooting alone... these group of guys are the best group of guys you'll meet anywhere.

just stay away from the mexican named George Hemstad. i heard he's married, but have yet to see his wife.

Actually there is a truck full of Puerto Ricans also that show up with him too that one should avoid, lol. George brought his Mac-10 last Sunday, that's good in my book

Sent from my flux capacitor

Top Bottom