trigger upgrade looking for input

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjchamp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    prairieville, la
    looking to upgrade my both of my glock 17's triggers, recently i upgraded my ar9 trigger to a franklin armory bfs3 trigger and i love it, was wondering if they have something similar for hand guns especially glocks, if not what would be the best trigger upgrade out there, both guns are edc,

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I personal prefer the Zev Technologies trigger. I have handles a few other trigger out there and all have been pretty good, but I have always come back to the Zev Triggers.
    Now I haven't been able to try out the New CMG trigger yet but from what I have read and people that have bought them they are impressed, and are comparable to the Zev for a less of a price.

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    No, they do not make Binary Triggers for Glocks.

ZEV non-adjustable triggers are good to go. Just ensure that you have good striker engagement and it does not prematurely fall off the drop safety ledge.

Last edited:

pjchamp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    prairieville, la
    No, they do not make Binary Triggers for Glocks.

ZEV non-adjustable triggers are good to go. Just ensure that you have good striker engagement and it does not prematurely fall off the drop safety ledge.
    I wasn’t sure they made a binary trigger that’s why I asked, and thanks for the reply I’ll definitely take a look at ZEV

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I wasn’t sure they made a binary trigger that’s why I asked, and thanks for the reply I’ll definitely take a look at ZEV

I don't want to say it's not possible, because we now have some strange things, but by design, the Glock requires the trigger and trigger bar to move rearward causing the striker to be pushed rearward.

Do your homework with Glock triggers. There are many on the market that are unsafe. Reducing too much pretravel on a Glock means that you are prematurely engaging the striker plunger and already engaging the striker.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have installed OC Custom, TTI, Vanek, Zev, Apex, DK Lone Wolf, Johnny Glocks, etc. as well as modified OEM parts on Range Only pistols.
    In my experience the brand with the most connector, firing pin, trigger issues in the past has been ZEV.
    Zev MAY have their act together now but they had too many issues in the past for me to recommend them now.

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I have installed OC Custom, TTI, Vanek, Zev, Apex, DK etc. as well as modified OEM parts on Range Only pistols.
    In my experience the brand with the most connector, firing pin, trigger issues in the past has been ZEV.
    Zev MAY have their act together now but they had too many issues in the past for me to recommend them now.

While ZEV has issues, you need to look at sample size. ZEV has outsold just about every other trigger manufacturer in existence.

There was a recent thread I was reading (off site), that showed four different cases of Overwatch Precision triggers failing after 3,000-4,000 rounds, in the SAME location. Their sample size is even smaller than ZEV, but has multiple issues.

If you want a reliable trigger, use the one that came with the gun.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    While ZEV has issues, you need to look at sample size. ZEV has outsold just about every other trigger manufacturer in existence.

There was a recent thread I was reading (off site), that showed four different cases of Overwatch Precision triggers failing after 3,000-4,000 rounds, in the SAME location. Their sample size is even smaller than ZEV, but has multiple issues.

If you want a reliable trigger, use the one that came with the gun.

I agree they are big but I personally saw dozens of issues with Zev products when they were relatively new to the market.
    I will not discuss all the issues here but I will say some of them were unsafe and parts were either thrown away or sent back to ZEV.
    I tossed several dozen connectors that were if I remember correctly their third revision.
    Vanek has been around a long time and their triggers are very reliable.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I agree they are big but I personally saw dozens of issues with Zev products when they were relatively new to the market.
    I will not discuss all the issues here but I will say some of them were unsafe and parts were either thrown away or sent back to ZEV.
    I tossed several dozen connectors that were if I remember correctly their third revision.
    Vanek has been around a long time and their triggers are very reliable.

You mean when ZEV was called Glockworx and was making Gen 2 parts? They are leaps and bounds beyond that now, especially after acquiring MEGA Arms. I'm also not talking about connectors or springs. I have owned all of it, but would never put it in a carry gun. The OP is asking about triggers (shoe/bar).

I've heard good things about DK as well.

Personally, I wouldn't touch the trigger on a carry gun. Triggers don't make you a better shooter.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You mean when ZEV was called Glockworx and was making Gen 2 parts? They are leaps and bounds beyond that now, especially after acquiring MEGA Arms. I'm also not talking about connectors or springs. I have owned all of it, but would never put it in a carry gun. The OP is asking about triggers (shoe/bar).

I've heard good things about DK as well.

Personally, I wouldn't touch the trigger on a carry gun. Triggers don't make you a better shooter.

Yes, when it was called Glockworx.
    The only trigger bar/shoe I am aware of that will really reduce the trigger pull is a Joe D Modified trigger.
    Most Glock aftermarket triggers consist of smoothed/polished OEM parts. You can correctly polish trigger components and install an OEM 4.5# connector and have a safe reliable pistol. Polishing trigger parts is not for everyone.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Yes, when it was called Glockworx.
    The only trigger bar/shoe I am aware of that will really reduce the trigger pull is a Joe D Modified trigger.
    Most Glock aftermarket triggers consist of smoothed/polished OEM parts. You can correctly polish trigger components and install an OEM 4.5# connector and have a safe reliable pistol. Polishing trigger parts is not for everyone.

The OP never asked about reducing pull weight.

He asked about different triggers.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I have a CMC in a Polymer80 frame, it's pretty nice. The initial pull feels pretty similar to stock, but the reset is shorter and more crisp. I've only put a few hundred rounds through it and it's a range-only gun so I can't comment on durability or carry reliability

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    the op never asked about reducing pull weight.

He asked about different triggers.

This is a different trigger which reduces trigger pull weight.
    I can meet you at Bass Pro one day and you can educate me on Glock triggers.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    looking to upgrade my both of my glock 17's triggers, recently i upgraded my ar9 trigger to a franklin armory bfs3 trigger and i love it, was wondering if they have something similar for hand guns especially glocks, if not what would be the best trigger upgrade out there, both guns are edc,

What are you looking to gain by doing this?

There are lots of people shooting glocks with the parts that came in them.

It’s your gun and your money but if you’re looking to improve performance a few boxes of ammo and range time may suit you better.

Instinctshot

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I polished all of my internals to a mirror finish by hand, I replaced the connector with a zev raceconnector, I also replaced the safety plunger with an apex tactical plunger. I polished everything to a high polish and refaced the shape of the trigger. The guns trigger is phenomenal now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've installed dozens of Zev triggers. And have found some tolerance stacking issues. All of which could be rectified by calling zev. I've purchased a bunch of kits, so I usually can drop them into random glocks I own and see which one feels best, and functions best in which frame.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Zev fulcrum triggers are great, though I only use the fixed duty/tactical triggers. Not a fan of adjustable things in my “serious” pistols. I’ve tried tons of different triggers, and what I’ve basically learned is to leave the striker spring alone, and stick with factory connectors based on the failures I’ve experienced/seen.

My personal favorite setup is the Zev Duty Fulcrum trigger/bar, Glock (-) connector, and a polished striker safety plunger. Nice clean 4.5-5lb trigger that I find much more consistent than OEM. And has been completely reliable for me for thousands of rounds through several pistols.

Regardless what you decide, take your trigger install seriously and make sure you do a full safety check before firing. I also like to only load 2-3 rounds for a few mags during the first test fire, especially if you’re using an aftermarket connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom