Trump comes to B.R. Obama plays golf

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    You idiots rip on him as if you were all voting for Hillary...:ugh:

I've voted in every presidential election since 1968. This time, I don't know if I can pinch my nostrils tightly enough to get past the stench in the voting booth. IMO, whichever one wins, OUR COUNTRY IS SCREWED!

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    I feel it was PR also and that's what I don't understand. He will carry Louisana and the floods are not even being covered very well on a national level. I don't see this helping him in Nov.

Carry Louisiana ?? Do you know what party is currently sitting in the state capitol building ?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Carry Louisiana ?? Do you know what party is currently sitting in the state capitol building ?

Ah, Louisiana has overall voted republican since 2000. It is a RED state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states

Just because JBE won the recent governor election does not radically change that at this point.

This fact really pisses off the majority in New Orleans because they voted for Obama but the state went republican overall. Hopefully the same will occur in November.

Last edited:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Ah, Louisiana has overall voted republican since 2000. It is a RED state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states

Just because JBE won the recent governor election does not radically change that at this point.

This fact really pisses off the majority in New Orleans because they voted for Obama but the state went republican overall. Hopefully the same will occur in November.

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to the voting populous of this state, of course we never seem to get many worthy candidates either

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Just heard on Walton and Johnson a speech then Senator Obama made in 05 ripping on Bush for taking 3 days to at least fly over N.O. after Katrina. If confronted on this his response will be probably be "huh, I didnt say that". The reason we need the president or any other high profile politicians to come down here is specifically for the photo ops and news coverage as this will get the national and international press to cover the devastation and let more people everywhere know about our situation so they can send donations and resources. It seems like it has not even been covered nationally as most people think it is just a flood and those people in La. live in swamps and bayous anyway. Believe me we need the international coverage this disaster deserves.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    ANY President from ANY party needs to stay clear of ANY natural disaster while rescue/aid/first responders are needed. I got caught up in Trump's road blocking/traffic causing motorcade and Obama's would be 100x's worse. I don't support Obama and I wish he would have done something other than playing golf, but a visit is not one of those things. His visit should come after the chaos has settled and people are no longer trying to get aid and other important things down roadways.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The "Trump photo-op" angle was a backfire. Even Edwards had to walk things back and some show appreciation to Trump and Gov. Pence- not only for the donation and supplies, but for raising more awareness to what actually took place in our region.
    Their visit likely helped bring in more out of state donations from people who otherwise weren't aware of how bad the conditions were.....Much of the Nat'l media was focused more on a vandalized gas station in Brazil.....:rolleyes:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    John Travolta was the man during Katrina. Flew in aid, didn't seem to seek publicity. Came in his own 707 and delivered the goods. Seemed much more genuine than that tool Sean Penn. Honestly, I'd rather politicians stay away. Give support, aid, but what would they be doing here really? This has been a horrible, terrible disaster; but, not to make light of it, does it really compare to Katrina? Almost 2000 people lost their lives in that storm, and the devastation spanned states. I'm not sure it's fare to judge presidential reaction between the two events. Not trying to stand up for O-bummer, it sure does look bad playing golf, but I would be happy with a heartfelt press conference, full federal support under the governor's direction and discretion, and back to whipping Isis, keeping N. Korea in check, and making Putin question his manliness, and all the other things my dream president is doing, none of which are happening now.

Now that 16 page roll of toilet paper is a different issue. I find that hard to stomach, not who came to visit and what not.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Just heard on Walton and Johnson a speech then Senator Obama made in 05 ripping on Bush for taking 3 days to at least fly over N.O. after Katrina. If confronted on this his response will be probably be "huh, I didnt say that". The reason we need the president or any other high profile politicians to come down here is specifically for the photo ops and news coverage as this will get the national and international press to cover the devastation and let more people everywhere know about our situation so they can send donations and resources. It seems like it has not even been covered nationally as most people think it is just a flood and those people in La. live in swamps and bayous anyway. Believe me we need the international coverage this disaster deserves.

My wife is from Illinois and we were taking to some of her friends on the phone. The had no idea how bat it really was. They were under the impression that fema had already stepped in and the few effected people had been put up in hotels and given money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    My wife is from Illinois and we were taking to some of her friends on the phone. The had no idea how bat it really was. They were under the impression that fema had already stepped in and the few effected people had been put up in hotels and given money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does FEMA even put people up in hotels or was that a joke?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom