Trustworthy Mechanic in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Thibodaux
    Does anyone know of a trustworthy mechanic/shop around Baton Rouge that could do a used car inspection? My nephew is looking to by his first truck and I don't want him to buy a lemon with major engine or transmission problems. I don't mind paying a few bucks but I also don't want someone to just blow some smoke.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Thanks guys !

Our used car inspection is $85 bucks. Its an HONEST bumper to bumper inspection.
    Its the best $85 you will spend, and you will be impressed on how thorough we really are.

If the car is a "No Go" and we stop 5 minutes into looking at the vehicle, I wont charge you.
    {ie. if the car is an obvious piece of crap }

First I want you to purchase a good vehicle, because I want your long term business.
    I don't want you to buy junk either. [ and trust me , there is plenty out there ]

Give me as much heads up notice as you can and I will squeeze the car in that same day.
    However, you will need to arrange to leave it for a few hours at least.

I understand the owner doesn't want his car gone for long.

Vince 225-756-8488 is the shop number.
    I have a new office girl "Laura".
    If she sounds confused, she may be. If I am not available, leave a message for me and tell her you are with
    "Bayou Shooter" and I will get back asap.

Or text my cell at 225-405-5199 with the year, make and model and what time/day you can come

Otherwise, just bring the car and leave it for a little while, my guys know to push the Used Car inspections up first.

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    DAMN - WE NEED A GUY IN NOLA AREA LIKE YOU.
    I'm in the process of buying a car for my 16 year old daughter and all I find is crap!!!

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Robbie,

I honestly have people come from all over the state. 1/6 of my customers live over 50 miles away.

The "out of towners" bring their vehicle in 1 time a year for a thorough inspection and to perform maintenance and repairs.

We can get a lot done in 1 day. When you accept the idea of spending a few $$$ each year on one of our maintenance visits, you will find that those unexpected break downs go away.
    Besides, Its harder to wait and bring a car in for service when you are forced to because of a break down.

Vehicles have multiple computers now, and by looking into the "adaptive corrections" for all of the different control systems, I can tell you what needs to be serviced and what is OK for now based off of real math facts.
    All computers have "Learning" capabilities to adjust for normal wear and tear.
    You don't need to have a Code or check engine light for me to pick up on a problem.
    I can show you ahead of time what needs attention.
    Takes the "Guesswork" out of service intervals.

Everyone says, "man my car has been running perfect for 75k miles, then all of a sudden......... this happens"

The reason is that adaptive strategy I am speaking of. The computer has enough math in it to correct for some serious wear-n-tear, till one day it runs out of that math and can no longer "Mask" the problem.

Because we do Custom ECM tuning [ on the hot rods we build ] I have some really nice equipment that can read more data than what your average shop and even dealership can read/see.

Its hard to cover in a few sentences, hopefully you get the idea of what I am trying to cover.

When customers bring in used cars, this is how I can tell you EXACTLY what kind of shape the many different systems are in.
    If you live in New Orleans. Isn't an Hours drive and $85 worth the investment?
    Used cars today will hit you a minimum of $5k.

Joe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Thibodaux
    The truck that my nephew was looking at in BR isn't going to work out otherwise I was going to give you a call this afternoon. Whatever he does decide on will come to your shop for the inspection and any needed repairs that's for sure.

Thanks guys !

Our used car inspection is $85 bucks. Its an HONEST bumper to bumper inspection.
    Its the best $85 you will spend, and you will be impressed on how thorough we really are.

If the car is a "No Go" and we stop 5 minutes into looking at the vehicle, I wont charge you.
    {ie. if the car is an obvious piece of crap }

First I want you to purchase a good vehicle, because I want your long term business.
    I don't want you to buy junk either. [ and trust me , there is plenty out there ]

Give me as much heads up notice as you can and I will squeeze the car in that same day.
    However, you will need to arrange to leave it for a few hours at least.

I understand the owner doesn't want his car gone for long.

Vince 225-756-8488 is the shop number.
    I have a new office girl "Laura".
    If she sounds confused, she may be. If I am not available, leave a message for me and tell her you are with
    "Bayou Shooter" and I will get back asap.

Or text my cell at 225-405-5199 with the year, make and model and what time/day you can come

Otherwise, just bring the car and leave it for a little while, my guys know to push the Used Car inspections up first.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Yes it is, but the problem occurs when telling the guy I'm trying to buy from - I'll be back tomorrow or so with your car, LOL!

Robbie,

I honestly have people come from all over the state. 1/6 of my customers live over 50 miles away.

The "out of towners" bring their vehicle in 1 time a year for a thorough inspection and to perform maintenance and repairs.

We can get a lot done in 1 day. When you accept the idea of spending a few $$$ each year on one of our maintenance visits, you will find that those unexpected break downs go away.
    Besides, Its harder to wait and bring a car in for service when you are forced to because of a break down.

Vehicles have multiple computers now, and by looking into the "adaptive corrections" for all of the different control systems, I can tell you what needs to be serviced and what is OK for now based off of real math facts.
    All computers have "Learning" capabilities to adjust for normal wear and tear.
    You don't need to have a Code or check engine light for me to pick up on a problem.
    I can show you ahead of time what needs attention.
    Takes the "Guesswork" out of service intervals.

Everyone says, "man my car has been running perfect for 75k miles, then all of a sudden......... this happens"

The reason is that adaptive strategy I am speaking of. The computer has enough math in it to correct for some serious wear-n-tear, till one day it runs out of that math and can no longer "Mask" the problem.

Because we do Custom ECM tuning [ on the hot rods we build ] I have some really nice equipment that can read more data than what your average shop and even dealership can read/see.

Its hard to cover in a few sentences, hopefully you get the idea of what I am trying to cover.

When customers bring in used cars, this is how I can tell you EXACTLY what kind of shape the many different systems are in.
    If you live in New Orleans. Isn't an Hours drive and $85 worth the investment?
    Used cars today will hit you a minimum of $5k.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    We are lucky to have a guy like Vince in our area. He has a knowledgeable team who are always up for a challenge. I travel from ponchatoula to B.R to have him service my vehicles. I will not buy a vehicle without Vince giving it the OK. If someone has a problem letting you have someone trusted look at it, what are they hidding?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Great to hear that a service like this is provided! Something like this could certainly be used in the Slidell area as well.

I own an Auto Body and Paint shop and have quite a few customers who bring me cars to look over before they purchase. I mainly look for signs of prior accident repairs and just look at the vehicle to determine its condition. That can tell a lot about a vehicle, but I do not have the equipment that Vince mentions.

I could see a franchise op in what he does... A business setup that checks cars over and provided detailed info about the electronics and mechanicals. Works could be performed there, or it could just be a place people could go to get their car scanned, aimed at the DIY crowd...

Top Bottom