Trying to ban guns Louisiana's campus

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm glad I'm wrong about them being totally banned, except for LEO & certain circumstances.

Most campuses have them banned as policy, not sure about LSU.

Since I wrote my original response I have also been harassed on campus by non-students, there have been multiple shootings, robberies, rapes, and a variety of other alarming acts. Not to mention the double murder at Edward gay apartments...which people/police/media are trying to make sound like a random act of violence/home invasion...which is total crap, lol.

All I know is...

Very few people really know the law. Some of us know a lot of the law...and most of us that do are very responsible people.

I don't know many idiots that know they can legally carry a firearm every day, and most of the idiots that do know it...that I know, know that they are too irresponsible to carry a firearm.

So, speaking as a very responsible, fairly knowledgeable of the law, daily non-concealed firearm carrying citizen...I think 'the powers that be' and those that enforce need to give us some credit, and need to quit making gun laws...they need to enforce what is on the books, and even get rid of some of them.

Just my 2 cents.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    IIRC, the Federal law was struck down (as it should have been).

It was...because the original law had nothing to do with interstate commerce. So the law was later rewritten (and passed) outlawing firearms, in schools, that were subject to or had traveled in interstate commerce.

True story: I used to teach at a high school in Alabama. One of the administrative staff workers got caught with pistol in her purse, the cops are called & they arrest her. Turns out since she had a CCW permit, she has not broken any federal, state, or local laws and walks. Of course, soon after this is reported in the news, local & state knee-jerk politicians start passing laws.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    It was...because the original law had nothing to do with interstate commerce. So the law was later rewritten (and passed) outlawing firearms, in schools, that were subject to or had traveled in interstate commerce.

True story: I used to teach at a high school in Alabama. One of the administrative staff workers got caught with pistol in her purse, the cops are called & they arrest her. Turns out since she had a CCW permit, she has not broken any federal, state, or local laws and walks. Of course, soon after this is reported in the news, local & state knee-jerk politicians start passing laws.

That stuff really pisses me off. It is clear from the USC, The convention debates, the words of the people that were there, and from simple common sense- that the USC sanctions regulating the actual specific act of interstate commerce. For us as a nation to sit here and accept the .gov now regulating anything they want because it either 1) Traveled across State lines at some point in the past; 2) Might travel across State lines at some point in the future; or 3) might theoretically affect something that might theoretically travel across a State line at some point in the theoretical past or future, is simply outlandish. :mad:

If anyone is interested in this, I have a lecture about it house on American Revival.

The Constitution: Four Disputed Clauses

Top Bottom