trying to decide on which bushmaster AR15 i want

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I need some help deciding which bushmaster ar15 i want. I dont know the ability of the different models from first hand experience. This will be my first AR so it will be one to learn and build upon. Building one is not an option because i do not have the time to research.

My goals are target shooting only. Max range ill shoot from is 50-75 yards from a rest or about 15-25 yards standing. The sights will be an red dot scope with no magnification. The gun wont be turned into something with 20 attachments. Just the red dot sight. I'm spending money on ammo instead.

For some of those wondering why a bushmaster, they seem to get real good reviews. The price seems right. i dont feel i need to spend more money on my first ar-15. My two current guns i own are a glock 27 and a mak 90. The mak 90 is fun and accurate for what it is, but it's still an ak. For personal reasons, it wont be modded more. I'm actually about to return it to stock minus new wood furniture.

I would like the rifle to be a 1.5 moa rifle out the box. And that's far better than i am capable of so i have room to grow with it.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not sure you've noticed but you don't have a lot of choice when it comes to an AR, especially "the Bushmaster". You're lucky to find one at all, let alone a specific model.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    Buy your self a lower then you can build it up any way you want.
    Or have some one do it ,you can always buy the upper you want also.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    From what I am seeing, you should buy what you can get right now. Having to wait isn't the issue, will they be available is the question. Good luck in your search.

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    Here are the Bushmaster Models I'd consider right now: Daniel Defense, Troy Industries, Rock River, Armalite, Smith and Wesson, SIG, POF, DelTon, CMMG, DoubleStar, Stag, Colt, DPMS, PSA or Spikes. :bigok:

Sorry, had to do it. :( Good luck with finding one. I would place the lower and a parts kit on back-order and build it when they come in. YOUTUBE has several videos on building an AR and mine came out fine!

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Here are the Bushmaster Models I'd consider right now: Daniel Defense, Bravo Company, LMT, Troy Industries, Rock River, Armalite, Smith and Wesson, SIG, POF, DelTon, CMMG, DoubleStar, Stag, Colt, DPMS, PSA or Spikes. :bigok:

Sorry, had to do it. :( Good luck with finding one. I would place the lower and a parts kit on back-order and build it when they come in. YOUTUBE has several videos on building an AR and mine came out fine!

Fixed. lol

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I would add Anderson to that list, I am VERY impressed with the one I bought a few weeks back, just be warned there are some Anderson haters on one of the major AR message boards, it seems their group hate has to do with some of Andersons marketing practices when they got into the business a few years ago and not with the qulaity of the guns.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    That's a lot of companies. Ill see what I can find fast. I didn't realize most are equal for their price range.

You're going to overpay almost guaranteed. By overpay, I mean pay current market prices.

IF you're up at 11pm tonight. Get on to danieldefense.com. On their homepage, they have a giant picture of an AR right in the middle with a link in the bottom right that says "click here to start." You have to be VERY quick about this. They only allow 100 new orders each day (starting at 12am EST) and last night they were all gone in about 20 minutes (I was trying to get an upper). They only open up the build part of the site at 11pm CST until they have received 100 new orders. Then it will be down until the next day.

The site is not handling all the traffic very well at this time due to the insane amount of people all jumping on, BUT if you happen to get through a build and pay for it, you will be getting one of the BEST rifles you can get at half the current "market" price you can expect to pay on gunbroker.com or in the classifieds.

Have your build in mind before you start. You don't have time to think about selections as you're trying to get done and PAY before their 100 unit quota is up.

My advice:
    1) Click "Start Here Now"
    2) Select "Build Complete Rifle"
    3) Select Mid Length gas system
    4) Select 16" barrel (or 14.5 if you prefer, but you will have to have the muzzle device pinned)
    5) Select Muzzle Device
    6) Select the STANDARD BCG (as your first AR, I see little benefit in paying an extra $200 for a chrome plated one)
    7) Select the rail you like
    8) Select Sights you want (if any)
    9) Pay

I'm not sure if rail or sights come first in the selection as I couldn't get it go that far, but you get the idea. Once your build is done, GO TO CHECKOUT and pay. Please note that it will take time for them to build your rifle and ship it to you, but you will save in the area of $1500 over current market prices. A buddy did complete an upper build last night while I was on the phone with him, so I know you can do it, just try and get in exactly at 11pm CST (12am EST) and go as fast as possible.

Last edited:

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    There is one that hates Anderson and one that has an owner that will swear by an Anderson and their super duper internal coating. The latter is my AR board of choice. You don't seem to get the snarky responses from members there.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I am going to try my best to get the DD. what can I expect to pay? I see their models going 1500 and more. I'd like to keep it around $800-$1000.

And after looking at used AR prices, there's no way I going that route. For one, pieces are insane. And two, I don't want someone else's modded rifle/build. I want a blank canvas and so my own thing.

What's the average wait time from them?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I am going to try my best to get the DD. what can I expect to pay? I see their models going 1500 and more. I'd like to keep it around $800-$1000.

And after looking at used AR prices, there's no way I going that route. For one, pieces are insane. And two, I don't want someone else's modded rifle/build. I want a blank canvas and so my own thing.

What's the average wait time from them?

For wait time, you're going to have to call. (866) 554-GUNS (4867)

You should be able to get in and out for 1400-1500. Granted, that is more than you're wanting to spend, but at current "market" value, that's a $3000 gun. Furthermore, when no ban happens and the prices all deflate in a few months, you won't have lost $2000 on a sub-tiered rifle.

Top Bottom