Turkey season, who’s going?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigcypress

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2022
    Jarreau, LA
    I’ll be out chasing birds next Saturday, there is one gobbling now I can hear from the porch. Hoping I can get on him before the neighbors do.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    For whatever reason, I only see/hear turkeys every few years on my parent's property which is odd for the size and habitat on the property. I thought it might be due to predators, but a game warden told me they busted some old guys at the hunting club across the road baiting with cracked corn a couple years ago so that could explain some of the low numbers. We've seen a nice tom in the fields a couple times in the past few months so hopefully he'll be around this weekend. I'm not a die-hard turkey hunter, but if the birds are gobbling I get fired up like anyone about going after them.

Bigcypress

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2022
    Jarreau, LA
    The early thunderstorm must have the birds weary? I’m still listening for a gobble, about to hit the lynch box instead of this slate.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I've only been opening weekend so far. Weather seemed to be ideal. Saturday morning didn't hear a bird gobble on my parents' place. Sunday I went with my brother in law to his Dad's lease and we heard 4 different birds gobble several hundred yards on other sides of property lines, but never could get any to come over.

Top Bottom