Twins Are Coming!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    It has been a rough couple days. Seems as though they are vampires!!! They want to sleep perfectly all day and go 5-6 hours between feedings. Then at night they are fussy, awake and squirming all over the place. They have a little colic and gas of course.

Neither the wife or myself have had any real sleep. She is way worse off than I am. When we try to get in bed the boys start off asleep but mommy can't stop watching and staring. So therefore she gets no sleep. She is so very paranoid and always worried.

But we love them. We have to............ right? lol

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Count your blessings and cherish these times even though they seem tough. Spend as much time with them as you can. They will not want for much -- only your time and attention and that's free. Create as many memories as you can.
    '
    As they grow up they will be looking for someone to be their 'hero'. They want that person to be their dad and they will look at you first. If you don't step up and be that person don't worry they will find someone else. It might be someone like snoop dog dog or the likes.

You will blink and they will be grown.

Don't look back and say 'I wish I would have'.

From experience and advice given to me when mine were born. Now ones a chemical engineer and 2 at LSU.
    My 2 cents and still counting my blessings.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Count your blessings and cherish these times even though they seem tough. Spend as much time with them as you can. They will not want for much -- only your time and attention and that's free. Create as many memories as you can.
    '
    As they grow up they will be looking for someone to be their 'hero'. They want that person to be their dad and they will look at you first. If you don't step up and be that person don't worry they will find someone else. It might be someone like snoop dog dog or the likes.

You will blink and they will be grown.

Don't look back and say 'I wish I would have'.

From experience and advice given to me when mine were born. Now ones a chemical engineer and 2 at LSU.
    My 2 cents and still counting my blessings.

Thank you for that!!! That most definitely strikes a cord in my heart and made me that much more motivated. They truly are a blessing for the wife and I.

You are right, I would never forgive myself if I let them look up to someone else as their "hero" instead of me.

When I look at them sleeping right here in front of me while their Mommy sleeps a little I am truly amazed at the miracle God has blessed us with. I am still in shock a little that there is two of them but they are so perfect. I know every parent thinks that about their kids and they should.

I never knew I could love someone so completely and with all my heart that hasn't even spoken to me yet. I totally know the understanding of love at first sight now. There is nothing in this world that I would not do for them. They are my little angel's!!!!

One funny thing I have learned really quick is that it takes about an hour and a half to watch a 30 minute TV show. lol

That and the amount of laundry we have to constantly do. I never knew how many little socks, mittens, burp clothes, hats and onesies are in a load of laundry!!!!

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Your descriptions bring back many memories. Ones that I can sit back and laugh about now.

I like the way you describe the love you have for your boys. I had to read it twice. You know and understand and describe that as a true Father would.

And to think that Our Father in heaven loves each one of us more than that! WOW!!!

Have fun with those boys. They are the most precious gifts God could ever give anyone and He picked you and your wife to share them with.

If I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Tell Mama to sleep!

She won't so be prepared for the hurricane coming. She's either going to hit a brick wall and have an emotional mini-breakdown from hormones and sleep deprivation....

Or she's going to collapse one night, sleep through their whimpering and Daddy is going to have to juggle baby and boob. Then when she wakes up, she'll flip out because she's frightened.

Either way.... Something is coming down the pipe. Best prepare yourself. ;)

Beeramid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Near Lafayette, La
    Go to a pharmacy like CVS look for the baby remedies, and get "Gripe Water", it'll help them with gas and colic. Our twin girls were right at 5lbs when we finally got to bring them home, I could scoop up one on my left forearm, and the other on my right and bring them upfront. Now they're about 22lbs and crawling everything, getting into everything, I don't even know where the time went.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    We did get some Gripe Water and also Colic Calm and Mommy's Bliss. One does well with the Gripe Water the other does well with the Colic Calm. It is just a matter of testing out and finding which one works best for which kid. We even talked to the doctor and he assured us that they can not "overdose" on the stuff so it is okay.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Just wanted to post some new pics of the boys!!!

21eo5sxzrsnbgbsrsqo2.jpg

gdxe95dj4i5t8x2w4o.jpg

ts2yufda17d7y6htk8e2.jpg

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    They're adorable! You must be one proud papa :)

Very proud!!! They are my little men. Just over 4 weeks old now.

Some handsome rascals!!!

I just found out I've got #3 coming!! Good thing I start with Schlumberger in a week! lol!

Congrats on both fronts. The new addition to the family and the new job. I work for MI-Swaco which is owned by Schlumberger. So, welcome to the family!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guel24
    Top Bottom