WTS: Two sequential AR-10s, Shilen barrels, Mega Maten sets, Craddock built, 8 lbs 7 oz

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    In 2016ish I built these for my twin sons. Both the kids and the guns are mainly identical.

Mega Maten matched sets, sequential serial numbers
    Craddock Precision Shilen 16" 1:10 stainless match barrels, .750"
    Lancer carbon fiber furniture
    Superlative Arms adjustable blocks
    Rifle buffer
    Gas block measure 9.5" from the beginning of the HG
    8 lbs 7 oz as pictured

The good news - Craddock Precision assembled the uppers, low round count, one has about 300 ish one has about 200 down the tubes. Laser beam accurate. The first hundred rounds went really well. Bores look great.

The other news - I've yet to get them to run 100% suppressed. I didn't have a can yet when I got these and when I did buy cans I bought Thunderbeasts with all the backpressure. I think I've had one 20 round mag that didn't have at least one malfunction. I've tried tuning the gas, different mags, playing with springs etc. I've since learned if I had it to do again I'd have gone 18", rifle gas, flow thru cans but I don't have a time machine and I've since built Grendels that are running without complaint.

Differences between them are shooter preferences.

One has a Larue MBT two stage trigger, the other has a White Oak Armament two stage
    One has a chromed Aero bolt, one has a bolt Craddock sent me to test and see if the bolt changed reliability
    Slightly different rail and sling mount positions
    Currently wearing different muzzle devices - I tried an SDN-6 and Dead Air Nomad Ti and it didn't make a difference, neither is a particularly low back pressure as compared to the Beast. Muzzle devices can stay or go depending.

One has the extra hundred rounds because I used with it for a year before we had cans, then turned them over to the boys to find out almost immediately that our new cans made them less than 100%. We primarily hunt pigs on the ground so reliability is our #1 concern.

For the past couple weeks I've been debating throwing more parts, barrels, etc at them and we've decided the Grendels are getting us through the night. We've lived without these in the field for years and my appetite for projects is waning with age.

Comes with one mag each, others available.

So, I'm in them for a hair under $3,000 each.

$5000 for the pair is my asking price. I'm open to offers.

I hate to split them up but that is my OCD. I recognize that it is unlikely they'll go to the same home.

Not really looking for trades other than 18" or 20" Noveske Grendel barrels, possibly Noveske complete rifles in excellent condition or higher end lightweight 308 bolt guns, threaded 5/8x24.

iRay RH25 or other 640 clip on could be interesting as well.

If you want any other pics, please message me.

Must have a current CHL or transfer through FFL.

Attachments

• 10 1 R.jpg
      10 1 R.jpg
      222.4 KB · Views: 46
    • 10 2 R.jpg
      10 2 R.jpg
      134.8 KB · Views: 46
    • 10 3 r.jpg
      10 3 r.jpg
      187 KB · Views: 44
    • 10 4 r.jpg
      10 4 r.jpg
      215.5 KB · Views: 42
    • 10 5 r.jpg
      10 5 r.jpg
      167 KB · Views: 41
    • 10 6 r.jpg
      10 6 r.jpg
      154.2 KB · Views: 30
    • superlative.jpg
      superlative.jpg
      96.2 KB · Views: 41
    Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom