tylenol 3 w/ codeine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Don't know about the legal but years ago my first refresher course my instructor was a Lt. in LSP. He said when he had a dental problem he couldn't work because of the pain meds. He said if he were to be involved in shooting it would be a problem.

saintsfan

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Covington, Louisiana
    Don't know about the legal but years ago my first refresher course my instructor was a Lt. in LSP. He said when he had a dental problem he couldn't work because of the pain meds. He said if he were to be involved in shooting it would be a problem.

That was my concern, I think I will see if my doctor can prescribe something else.

SCAR17S

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Terrytown/Gretna
    I cc often under the influence of benzodiazepines. (sp) I take 4mg of klonopin a day for PTSD. This may be illegal,or it may not be, but I do get severe social anxiety if I don't. I'm a blaster by trade and I'm allowed by doctor's orders to carry out my day to day tasks under the influence of this medication. On a side note; my grouping is incomparable. When I'm on my medication my grouping is sinister and robotic. When I'm not it's decent, but nothing to brag about. Back to topic, I assume since I'm allowed to carry out day to day explosive operations on these medications that CC would fall right in line. It has to be safer. because once I arm my ordinances, its comparable to walking around with a gun pointed at my head, only less safe. I can just not pull the trigger and everything would be fine lol.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    You can get a doctor to sign off that taking a specific controlled substance is does not effect your ability to carry a firearm. I am on TWO and got a doctors sign off and LSP green lighted me to reapply with my doctors clearance. I had them look approve my packet before I took the class again. I can't wait to CC again, I don't carry near as much when I have to OC.

I cc often under the influence of benzodiazepines. (sp) I take 4mg of klonopin a day for PTSD. This may be illegal,or it may not be, but I do get severe social anxiety if I don't. I'm a blaster by trade and I'm allowed by doctor's orders to carry out my day to day tasks under the influence of this medication. On a side note; my grouping is incomparable. When I'm on my medication my grouping is sinister and robotic. When I'm not it's decent, but nothing to brag about. Back to topic, I assume since I'm allowed to carry out day to day explosive operations on these medications that CC would fall right in line. It has to be safer. because once I arm my ordinances, its comparable to walking around with a gun pointed at my head, only less safe. I can just not pull the trigger and everything would be fine lol.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I CC everyday, all day long. And I'm always on one form of Rx painkiller or another. That note was on my CHL app, with doc's explaination.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I too was informed by Sgt Reavis that it was "legal" in the sense that I had a prescription and as long as I was able to properly function at the dosage I was taking, it was OK, HOWEVER, if anything went down I had one hell of a fight with the opposing lawyers when it hit court and it wasn't advisable to do so.

If you have no other choice, you do what you have to do. Sure, some lawyer/prosecutor will probably come after you but if you are alive to stand trial because you defended your life, I'd call it a win. Watch/read the news... "legal" means a lot less than it used to these days what with liberal judges and aggressive lawyers.

Those of us having to live under pain management live in constant hell due to ambiguous laws and their interpretation and the need to function and still maintain our rights to self defense. Add in the depression that goes along with it and it becomes a huge nightmare! I discuss this regularly with my doctors (Medical and mental) to keep my self in check. My VA docs know well my medical and mental state AND that I shoot and carry. Between my doctors and friends and family, should I become unfit to carry, SOMEONE will know and action will be taken and I will disarm when/if the time comes.

If anyone wishes to discuss this off line, I am open to that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom