Uhhhh, WTF!?!?!?!?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I'm torn. We have football players that say God is the one who led them to the victory and we applaud that, but if we say that God caused something bad, we get offended. How can we have it both ways?

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I'm torn. We have football players that say God is the one who led them to the victory and we applaud that, but if we say that God caused something bad, we get offended. How can we have it both ways?
    He was being sarcastic for God ruining the republican convention

Last edited:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna

Yeah, I know. I just can't imagine a remark in poorer taste. MM is just bubbling over with his all-consuming rage against W that he can't see straight. Kinda funny actually.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA

I won't doubt that. But even if it's sarcastic, can we not blame God for things? I mean, if we believe that there is a God and we believe that God created the earth and that God saves people from disasters (as we see every time there is a disaster) why is it bad joo-joo to say that God caused that disaster? That's one thing that's always irked me. If you can thank God for things that are good, you have to realize that God can do things that are bad. Now I'm not saying it was due to the RNC as that is stupid, but in general.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I won't doubt that. But even if it's sarcastic, can we not blame God for things? I mean, if we believe that there is a God and we believe that God created the earth and that God saves people from disasters (as we see every time there is a disaster) why is it bad joo-joo to say that God caused that disaster? That's one thing that's always irked me. If you can thank God for things that are good, you have to realize that God can do things that are bad. Now I'm not saying it was due to the RNC as that is stupid, but in general.

I'm not even factoring God into the equation. It was just a super douchey thing to say, but not entirely surprising since nobody has heard from him since he blew himself up in Team America's hideout!

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    You think if I went on Fox news and said "Oh there is a God for sending us Gustav, to clear out the rest of the welfare-sucking, social leeches that the democrats created in N.O." that MM would feel so warm and fuzzy inside?

******* fat slob......:squint:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Penguin - I think the real meaning of that remark is "I'm glad Gustav will be hitting New Orleans as the RNC is starting". Anyway that is my interpitation of it. I didn't like the man and this comment only solidifies my disdain of the man.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Penguin - I think the real meaning of that remark is "I'm glad Gustav will be hitting New Orleans as the RNC is starting". Anyway that is my interpitation of it. I didn't like the man and this comment only solidifies my disdain of the man.

Oh, I agree. I think he's a douche. He's got some good points (the 911 emergency workers that weren't getting decent health care or were being denied but the terrorists at GITMO were getting great healthcare) but he's a douche in how he goes about it.

webb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA. / Mobile, AL.
    The explanation goes like this. That great lady I speak of passed away years ago. The only way he could ever have the oportunity to taste her cooking would be to meet her. To meet her he would have to have a change of heart. If I was given the chance, I would love to assist him with a life altering change of heart.

tgrshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    New Orleans

If you believe there is a God, and that he created the world and everything in it, then yes these things are a result of the world he created for us. However, if you pray and put your faith in God, he will see you through any trials and tribulations. Have you not read the story of Noah, or read the book of Job? I suggest you pull your Bible out when the power is out this week and read those scriptures.

God has a plan for everything, and he knows everything that is going to happen on this earth. It's his plan. We were given free will, so that we can (with his help if we pray and ask for it) make the right decisions for ourselves.

Instead of worrying about where to place the blame, and looking to blame God for something bad, you should be more worried about what you can do to prevent harm to you and your family.

Top Bottom