Uhhhh, WTF!?!?!?!?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    If you believe there is a God, and that he created the world and everything in it, then yes these things are a result of the world he created for us. However, if you pray and put your faith in God, he will see you through any trials and tribulations. Have you not read the story of Noah, or read the book of Job? I suggest you pull your Bible out when the power is out this week and read those scriptures.

I have. This is by my nightstand
    mkoggro2b3o39czp91u4.jpg

God has a plan for everything, and he knows everything that is going to happen on this earth. It's his plan. We were given free will, so that we can (with his help if we pray and ask for it) make the right decisions for ourselves. [/QUOTE]

So, if a person thinks it is the best decision to do something, and that decision (being a good decision) results in his death then is that not the will of God? Is it not ok to then be mad at God?

Instead of worrying about where to place the blame, and looking to blame God for something bad, you should be more worried about what you can do to prevent harm to you and your family.[/QUOTE]

I find it very hypocritical to say that you can praise God for all the things that he has done, but cannot be mad at God for some of the other things. I deal with that in confession. As a very high-end classy TV shows theme song once said; "You can't have one without the other".

tgrshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    New Orleans
    So, if a person thinks it is the best decision to do something, and that decision (being a good decision) results in his death then is that not the will of God? Is it not ok to then be mad at God?

Please give an example of what you are talking about.

I find it very hypocritical to say that you can praise God for all the things that he has done, but cannot be mad at God for some of the other things. I deal with that in confession. As a very high-end classy TV shows theme song once said; "You can't have one without the other".

I lost my best friend 3 years ago to an accident. I dealt with the whole "feel mad at God" thing. But it was wrong of my to place the blame on Him. This was his plan. My friend was hit by a drunk driver...this person used his free will, and made the decision to drive drunk. If he would have made better decisions and perhaps lead a better life, he may not have driven drunk that night, and killed my best friend.

Our life here on this earth is miniscule in comparison to what awaits us when we pass from this life into the next. If we strive to be good Christians and live our lives according to God's commandments, then an awesome eternity awaits us in heaven. Of course we get upset when we lose loved ones, but we are selfish from wanting to keep them here on this earth, when they have moved on to a much better place. Knowing that puts a peace inside of me.

Every morning when I wake up, I thank God for just allowing me to be alive another day, to be here in this great country and that i'm not homeless on the side of the street. He does a lot of great things for us that we don't realize.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Please give an example of what you are talking about.

Ok, the people that boarded the bus in TX during Rita, and that bus caught fire and killed them. That would be an example of the people and family doing a good thing that resulted in them being killed. There's a million different examples like that.

I lost my best friend 3 years ago to an accident. I dealt with the whole "feel mad at God" thing. But it was wrong of my to place the blame on Him. This was his plan. My friend was hit by a drunk driver...this person used his free will, and made the decision to drive drunk. If he would have made better decisions and perhaps lead a better life, he may not have driven drunk that night, and killed my best friend.

But your friend had free will and wasn't drunk driving. He was just driving. I could understand the debate in saying the DD getting killed, but what about your friend?

Our life here on this earth is miniscule in comparison to what awaits us when we pass from this life into the next. If we strive to be good Christians and live our lives according to God's commandments, then an awesome eternity awaits us in heaven.

Yeah, but I'm not getting virgins. That would have been friggen awesome! At some point in your life you realize that your past the age of scoring with virgins. And then it's on to past your age in scoring with a high school senior. Then you're past the age to scoring with a chick that is still a teenager (19). Man, that sucks...ahahahah

Top Bottom