Undecided

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • apdanos

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Cut Off, LA
    I need help deciding on my next purchase. I am undecided between the Glock 19 and the XD9. Lets keep the discussion between these two in this caliber. I don't want to know advantages of different calibers over the other. I am stern in my decision of 9mm because this is the one that I can afford to shoot the most. Practice makes perfect. The gun will be used for personal protection (home defense, vehicle) and eventually getting my concealed carry license. Thanks.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Ive never owned a XD9 but I had a 45 and frankly I liked the G19 better.. I bought the XD and I bought the Glock about 2 weeks later... Then I sold the XD..:D Nothing wrong with it.. but there was something that just felt right about the 19...

Where are you at?? If you are near NOLA I can meet you at the range and you can shoot it... I dont know if anyone has an XD maybe they could bring .. So you can try both before you buy one..

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I prefer the XD for many reasons, mostly personal. But both are great, reliable pistols so it's really personal preference.

Not sure where you are, but I know Shooter's Club in Harahan rents both, as do most ranges. Your best bet is to rent both and shoot them. Buy the one you like better. It's that simple.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I need help deciding on my next purchase. I am undecided between the Glock 19 and the XD9. Lets keep the discussion between these two in this caliber. I don't want to know advantages of different calibers over the other. I am stern in my decision of 9mm because this is the one that I can afford to shoot the most. Practice makes perfect. The gun will be used for personal protection (home defense, vehicle) and eventually getting my concealed carry license. Thanks.

I think Precision will rent you one for range use. Or at least they did a couple of months ago. Why not drive up to BR and spend the money and shoot them first hand and see for yourself.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've shot both, glock alot more since thats what I use for work. I like the feel of the glocks better, they seem more streamlined, simpler, and for some reason feel smaller to me.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I admit to having not always being a Glock fan.
    One of our agents had his home flooded during Katrina, afterwards his duty Sig was a hunk of rust and corrosion.
    His Glock was cleaned and still shoots just fine.
    That brought me onboard Glock!

Top Bottom