Underground Eggs? Can anyone identify?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    My grandma called me over this morning because she saw a crow digging holes in her yard and then grabbing eggs from the holes and eating them.

She's kind of obsessed with the eggs wanting to know what they are now thinking they're turtle eggs or something worth protecting (she ran the crow off). We looked around the yard and there are dozens of holes like the one in the picture but appears the crow ate the eggs already. There's only one hole we can find that still has eggs in it.

My grandma actually got some tongs and grabbed an egg and put it in a jar (so much for protecting them) and wants to know what's inside... She's old and I love her so I told her I'd ask on the internets. So can anyone assist in telling me what this will be when it grows up?

Forgot to mention she said the egg is very soft not sure if that helps. I'm guessing snake :dunno:

AxNP7il.jpg

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Not seriously. Seriously they look like snake eggs. And according to Google, your grandma killed whatever was inside by removing it from where it was.

Well I first thought BS but googled it and got pages of eggs for squirrels :rofl: Apparently squirrel eggs is nature's equivalent to blinker fluid :o Thanks I let her know she should leave them alone to mother nature

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    look like turtle eggs to me. See the piled up dirt, turtles kind of dig a small hole then cover it back up this time of year.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Well my grandma said there wasn't a hole there until the bird showed up. She was pretty surprised the bird knew where to even dig as she said the ground was as solid as the rest of the yard until the bird started going at it :dunno:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Well I first thought BS but googled it and got pages of eggs for squirrels :rofl: Apparently squirrel eggs is nature's equivalent to blinker fluid :o Thanks I let her know she should leave them alone to mother nature

...until they hatch and you have a yard full of baby water moccasins!

One thought... I seem to remember from somewhere you can hold an egg up to a bright light and see what's in them if they're developed enough.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom