Uniform vest carrier ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    Summer is approaching and I’m looking for a better way to wear my vest.

I’ve seen some uniform outer carries like causeway PD. Just seeing what y’all are using ?

My agency does not authorize outer tactical vest carrier, so it has to look like the uniform.

We use dark Navy blue for our color.

Thanks

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I’ve seen some uniform outer carries like causeway PD. Just seeing what y’all are using ?

My agency does not authorize outer tactical vest carrier, so it has to look like the uniform.

Thanks

I doubt you'll get too many responses here with worthwhile answers. I'm going to send you a PM.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Thanks

I believe we used blauer armor skin for a while. Most of the guys wear a tactical style outer vest to put their extra mags, radio etc on. I have a safariland that was made to specifically fit my panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    Although I authorized my guys to wear the tactical carriers, I personally know that I am not SWAT and like the traditional look. I wear the Blauer FlexRS Armorskin uniform w/ external carrier and gun belt suspenders. VERY good stuff!

Stay Safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jf837

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Although I authorized my guys to wear the tactical carriers, I personally know that I am not SWAT and like the traditional look. I wear the Blauer FlexRS Armorskin uniform w/ external carrier and gun belt suspenders. VERY good stuff!

Stay Safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same..

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    My agency authorized Blauer Armorskin outer carrier over the base shirt as an option, but not requirement. Tactical nylon outer carriers (specific issued) are also authorized. I've been using the Blauer since authorized, and the main benefit in my opinion is the vest can be worn a little less tightly around your torso, and can be easily removed when at the station or if you can stop home for lunch. The other big plus is wearing the suspenders under it to take the weight of your duty rig onto your shoulders instead totally around your waist. I use the tactical version for storm days or whatnot, but not day to day. The Blauer is fairly durable as long as nothing on your belt rubs to closely and tightly against it, in which case it will get friction wear. If you have any exposed velcro, like on a CAT tourniquet in an open top carrier, that will eat a hole through the side stretch material in no time if positioned there. I replaced that carrier with one with a cover, and it's doing fine.

Top Bottom