United States Postal Service issues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I don't know if I have had just a string of bad luck or if they have it our for me but I have had 2 packages fail to get to me and 2 pieces of mail fail to reach their destination in the last 2 weeks.
    I have an envelope with a cashier's check bouncing all over Southern California. I won a auction on GunBroker and sent the guy funds. Granted he gave me the incrorrect zip code but it's been all over the place(rerouted 8 times) for 2 weeks and after numerous phone calls finally tracked it down Friday. Hopefully it will get to the correct address tomorrow.
    I placed an order wih Amazon last week and the tracking says it was delivered to my house on Saturday. Never arrived. I did a deal with a boardmemeber who sent me a priority package and same thing as the amazon package. It said it was deleivered on Saturday but never arrived.
    I mailed off a bill 2 weeks ago that never reched it's destination. I am going down to my local psot office and see what the hell is up. I am going to start using FEDEX or UPS from now on for all of my shipping needs.

Normal performance is normal. The packages may well arrive in 4-6 weeks.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I've had trouble in the past 2 months or so as well.

A check that never showed, and has basically disappeared. Getting mail for SEVERAL wrong addresses, but checking with them... my missing stuff hasn't shown up there, either. Monthly bills never arriving; the last issue of Front Sight magazine missing, etc.

I got three packages in as many weeks for an address a few blocks down the street. (Dyslexic driver, apparently.) After dropping the first two off myself, I got a little fed up. When you go to the USPS website, there is (quite deliberately) no place to offer feedback or complaints. So I filed for the wrong package being delivered, and added a little piece of my mind. I believe my favorite line was, "I'm tired of doing your incompetent carrier's job for them, without the benefit of pay." Needless to say, 6 weeks later, still no response to the e-mail... AND they never did anything about the package. (I took it down the street as well; the lady that they're meant for is pretty nice, and it was obviously a book that she had ordered from Amazon.)

Living here in the Big Sleazy, all I have to do is look at the carriers to understand the problem. My UPS guy is the only one that doesn't fit that description, and 'lo and behold... I've never had a problem with them, despite the fact that they deliver at least 2x the volume (including basic mail) and 10x the packages to my address. (FedEx on the other hand...) It's hard to write that off to circumstance when you see it all over the place, day in and day out.

And that, ladies and germs, is why we marvel at levels of service and professionalism that SHOULD be standard. Social conditions my azz; the people are the problem, and always will be.

/rant

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Has anyone seen the bumper sticker "Who wants health care that's run like the post office".

Variations of that sticker first appeared in 1979/1980 when Ted Kennedy was in the democratic primaries seeking a presidential bid. Nationalized health care was his cause. Stickers appeared that said

"If you like the post office, you're going to love nationalized health care."

Top Bottom