Unknown trouble??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    and you clarify this statement? Last I checked there is nothing requiring you to secure your firearms from minors. I'm not saying that it's a good idea to have unsecured weapons around minors, just that there is no law that I am aware of requiring it. IIRC this was even one of the Brady Bunch's talking points for giving La. such a low grade.

Actually, IIRC, it falls under negligent carrying of a weapon. If it is in your home, and something happens, that is the only way the issue would come uyp, you will be found negligent. CHild endangerment, etc would be the charges most likely.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    and you clarify this statement? Last I checked there is nothing requiring you to secure your firearms from minors. I'm not saying that it's a good idea to have unsecured weapons around minors, just that there is no law that I am aware of requiring it. IIRC this was even one of the Brady Bunch's talking points for giving La. such a low grade.

+1

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    of course you can have guns in your home asd long as they are not accessable to a minor. they must be secured.

Edited to add: Nolacopusmc, never mind I see your reply. You posted while I was typing.

Under what statute other than endangering a minor? No I’m not tiring to be a smart-ass. You don’t need to quote the law just a paraphrase will be sufficient. I've never heard of a specific firearms law.

Off topic: what I find funny about the guns endangering children is…. we “all” have draws full of kitchen utensils / knives, matches, chemicals etc. and as long and nothing happens it’s ok, but mention gun and people go ballistic even if they are unloaded.

My father had a “loaded” 38 hanging in a holster in his closet my whole life. I was taught not to touch it. The house was full of unsecured “unloaded” guns.

And before I’m pounced upon, my firearms are in a safe except for my carry pistol when in my possession. My 4-year-old grandson is already being trained in firearms safety. Started when he was 3.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    That, I would expect. Of course you would go and make statements etc., but the way he was talking is that it would be almost permanent. Then have to get supreme to clear you.

Should be like this tho', bad guy breaks in, evidence of door busted, he makes it to a hallway where he is dropped. Call 911 and let them send unit out, tell them what happened, they call the meat wagon and take notes, tell you to come to station next day to make statements, then leave wishing you a good nite.;)

I guess if we ever get our country back, it may return to this common sense method.:D

Yeah, that is how it should be, but crooks are dumb, not stupid. they will try to make a scene look a different way. While you may not be booked, you can bet your ass that your case will be handled like a homicide until the DA feels that it is proven a SD shooting.

Some scenes are pretty obvious. Those are the ones where the guy makes a statement and spends the night in his bed. Of course, once the I-Lawyers clauses get invoked, then it is normally a ride to the station to wait on said I-Lawyer, then a formal statement is made, ophone book, rubber hoses, and bunny suits come out.

It's all fun and games until someone takes a slap from the yellow pages. :rofl:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    If I remember correctly , there have been cases of homeowners shooting an intruder and the local D.A. declined to seek any charges .

Absolutely, and if your are legit, that is how it most likely will be, but some leo agencies will still follow all homicide protocol becasue that is what it is, a homicide.

DA will refuse charges when he sees the investigation.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Edited to add: Nolacopusmc, never mind I see your reply. You posted while I was typing.

Under what statute other that endangering a minor? No I’m not tiring to be a smart-ass. You don’t need to quote the law just a paraphrase will be sufficient. I've never heard of a specific firearms law.

Off topic” what I find funny about the guns endangering children is…. we “all” have draws full of kitchen utensils / knives, matches, chemicals etc. and as long and nothing happens it’s ok, but mention gun and people go ballistic even if they are unloaded.

My father had a “loaded” 38 hanging in a holster in his closet my whole life. I was taught not to touch it. The house was full of unsecured “unloaded” guns.

And before I’m pounced upon, my firearms are in a safe except for my carry pistol when in my possession. My 4-year-old grandson is already being trained in firearms safety. Started when he was 3.

Sweet. There may be others, but that is what comes to the top of my head. It is kinda like people who leave their 5 year old in the car while they get their hair did. I agree 100% with the lunacy of all the other dangerous implementations, but a gun will always be different. It has a much higher capacity to be immediate death vice a cut finger. But your logic is right on.

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    Sounds like a comment my pappy-in-law would make, 'cept he only has one phd and 2 masters.....

I’m convinced that in the fifth year of collage there is mandatory course… lack of commonsense 101. Seems “most” that have spent more than four years in the higher education system seems to have lost it.

Oh, I’m sure I’ll get flamed for that. ;)

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I’m convinced that in the fifth year of collage there is mandatory course… lack of commonsense 101. Seems “most” that have spent more than four years in the higher education system seems to have lost it.

Is that only for graduate students or does this also apply to those who took 12 years to get a 4 year degree?

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Is that only for graduate students or does this also apply to those who took 12 years to get a 4 year degree?

You should be exempt in my opinion. I kind of fall into that category, except for the small fact that i didn't graduate yet. 15 years and only 1 hour away from being a sophmore!!! Guess it would go by faster if i actually enrolled and went back to school....

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    You should be exempt in my opinion. I kind of fall into that category, except for the small fact that i didn't graduate yet. 15 years and only 1 hour away from being a sophmore!!! Guess it would go by faster if i actually enrolled and went back to school....

Nothing quite like taking your time to do something right.

Brweyes

I Dont Dial 911
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Pineville,La

Not gonna flame you, because your absolutely RIGHT!!! They may have book smarts but that is about it. Have lots of friends who just lost their commonsense. :(

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nothing quite like taking your time to do something right.

Well..I was pretty damn good at counting the cases of beer and shooting pool till they kicked us out of the bars every night when i was 18. School suffered, then i got a job. Now i make more than 90% of my friends and family with degrees. Found out a piece of paper can be important, but having a good head on your shoulders and knowing your job better than anyone else can get you pretty far too.

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie

They are good politicians. No commonsense but good at getting daddy to pay for all their partying while they coast in life. :chuckles:

That is if they actually spend the 12 years going full time and not working their way to what they want by going part time.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    a wile back tattooes by dody was robbed,1 of the three the BG hurded everyeone in the back room, and when he turned to look at the other guys,the famle artist drew her lil snub nose 38 and fired 2 rounds,from the hip..one hit the BG in the stomach the other hit the wall,,he ran off...

when the cops showed up they took her and everyone elses statement,took the firearm for evidnece and she was later giving a court date,,,,but no arrest were made.untill they found the BG bleeding out stumbling into the hospital....

shes still free as a bird and sitting at tattooes by dody.

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    a wile back tattooes by dody was robbed,1 of the three the BG hurded everyeone in the back room, and when he turned to look at the other guys,the famle artist drew her lil snub nose 38 and fired 2 rounds,from the hip..one hit the BG in the stomach the other hit the wall,,he ran off...

when the cops showed up they took her and everyone elses statement,took the firearm for evidnece and she was later giving a court date,,,,but no arrest were made.untill they found the BG bleeding out stumbling into the hospital....

shes still free as a bird and sitting at tattooes by dody.

Has she gotten her gun back?

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    That is the magic question. :)

My wife had hers / mine / ours take. Judge ordered it returned. Oh what a seen I made in the DA’s office when they tried to give me the runaround when the property room officers told me I couldn’t have our firearm back without a release from the DA. DA trumps Judges order? I don’t thick so. They found out I was right. :D

I was a Grumy Youny Man at one time. :rofl:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

Hey I resemble that remark. Took me 20 years for a Bach of Sci degree. In my own defense I did spend 11 of those years in the Navy and then 1 or 2 more getting divorced.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom