Unsure of Range name

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    Got invited and went to a range yesterday way out Belle Chasse highway. Passed a Conoco refinery, saw a sign that said point la hache 10 miles. I started to pull in one place that had a sign on the hwy that might have said High Point? Had yellow painted pipe gates and had to enter the last one. All LEO's. Had NOPD, westwego, U.S. Customs and Border patrol and prolly more. Shot with a couple of snipes from the Westwego group and had a blast.
    My question is the Customs/Border Patrol was shooting something that caught my eye and I like. Only thing I heard was 9mm. MP4 maybe or something sounds like that. I'm pretty sure it had a 4 in it. And if I'm not mistaked they shot full auto with them for a short spell.
    We concluded our day with shotguns. Good day at the range.

RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    Thanks, PPSO was it. I pulled off the road at high point and they told me to keep coming.

Now to look up that MP5.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    How is the range looking? it has been a while since I was out there. Katrina tore it up and they were supposed to be "closed" because FEMA was gonna pay for improvements. However, every agency in the area shoots there. Do you know if Mike LeBouef is still the range master?

Any pics?

RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    My first trip there. Nothing fancy. No pics except a couple on my cell. One of us that shot all day was kinda sore and I took a pic of him with a sandbag on his shoulder to help absorb recoil.
    As I pulled in at the left gate/left side of property it looked like the first two areas were for handguns, or at least that was what they were shooting. The third areas was where customs/border patrol was firing handguns and then them MP5's. Had a hedgerow or weed row between areas. We was in the last area which was just a skinny lane for rifles. We had targets at 100yds and 300yds. It was OK except it was a long freekin haul for me. Not sure about if Mike is still there. And the gnats tore us up!

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    PPSO range is back up and running .. I was there a few weeks ago looks like it did before the storm..

I dont think Mike is still rangemaster .. I didnt ask... I was told he isnt there anymore by one of the other guys that was out there shooting...

Gretna has at least one MP5 also.. They where out there with it when I was at the range...

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    PPSO range is back up and running .. I was there a few weeks ago looks like it did before the storm..

I dont think Mike is still rangemaster .. I didnt ask... I was told he isnt there anymore by one of the other guys that was out there shooting...

Gretna has at least one MP5 also.. They where out there with it when I was at the range...

Before I left Gretna, I forget the model, but they have the polymer hk .45, subs. They had mp5 's too

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Before I left Gretna, I forget the model, but they have the polymer hk .45, subs. They had mp5 's too

the UMP? thats the .45 cal subgun
    hk_ump45.jpg

as for the OP, is one of these what you saw?
    hk_mp5a2.jpg

hk_mp5n.jpg

hk_mp5ka4.jpg

Top Bottom