UPS vs USPS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    Always thought they were competitors. Ordered an item from MidwayUSA and it shipped UPS from Missouri to Lake Charles and then transferred to USPS for local delivery.
    Mailman brought it to my house not the man in brown. Delivered on time. Just thought it strange but I don't get out much.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    Yup. I was just saying today that trusting the post office to get something from point A to point B is like trusting the neighborhood pedophile to bring your kid to school. Apparently they lost the vast majority of bills I mailed last month. I found out when late notices started showing up.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I’ve had stuff lost when it transferred from UPS to the USPS. I don’t have anything shipped buy the Post Office if I can help it.

The USPS stole a $550 insured package I shipped on 02/03/2013 and refused to pay the insurance because I could not show them the original receipt for the parts shipped.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    /\ yup. /\

I've had metal stolen. I say stolen because when I went to pick it up (they left the pink paper) they couldn't find it, then we called the mailman who was still on route thinking he never took it off the truck. He stated that he spoke to the home owner, and was told to leave all packages by the door. This was relayed to me, I asked "so do you actually believe that story?" "well yeah, theres no reason not to"..... ME "how about this pink piece of paper?" I was asked to leave.

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    I recall an article about a postman having some 15,000 pieces of mail in a room at home as well as them going on to say that it's a fairly common phenomenon

AnnieOakleaf

LA CHP Instructor #725
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Elmwood, LA
    Went to pick up a package from USPS and they told me that it was lost. When I informed them that it was a gun and I was calling the ATF. As soon as I pulled out my phone they started fumbling over each other and found it in amazingly fast time.
    Also had a postal employee inform me that he could not give me a package, because it was in the company name along with the name of the customer who the transfer was for. He then told me that he was only going to give it to our customer. I once again had to threaten to call ATF. Thankfully I carry a copy of our FFL and the but head finally gave me the package. Went to his boss and informed them of how many federal laws they we're messing with and she set him strait. Can't stand USPS!!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I've had it happen before. My theory...

USPS was so poorly managed and losing so much money that they began partnering more and more with private industry, and also started Saturday deliveries, as well as now giving you tracking on all Priority items, in an attempt to compete and reverse their decline.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Went to pick up a package from USPS and they told me that it was lost. When I informed them that it was a gun and I was calling the ATF. As soon as I pulled out my phone they started fumbling over each other and found it in amazingly fast time.
    Also had a postal employee inform me that he could not give me a package, because it was in the company name along with the name of the customer who the transfer was for. He then told me that he was only going to give it to our customer. I once again had to threaten to call ATF. Thankfully I carry a copy of our FFL and the but head finally gave me the package. Went to his boss and informed them of how many federal laws they we're messing with and she set him strait. Can't stand USPS!!

USPS is a **** sandwich and has screwed with many of my shipments and deliveries, taking weeks to get things a few hundred miles, losing them in the mail room, etc. etc. etc.. UPS has falsified delivery data. FedEx is the only one I have not had issues with, but I haven't used them much, either.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    In some areas it's not always financially beneficial to send a truck out - so they give it to USPS because they /have/ to pass by every address. It's no conspiracy or indication of a bigger travesty. It's just making/saving money.

I must be on a route that's 'borderline' - I got my UPS package deferred to USPS this week, but 2 weeks ago, or so, the UPS man passed by. When UPS delivers to me it's been after 6pm, sometimes 8pm - so something tells me it has more to do with what they can handle in a day, and whether or not it's worth adding another truck and driver for the area.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    This thread as I'm battling USPS over a package that was mailed the 14th, guaranteed the 17th, and has been in "re-sorting facilities" in 3 different states, and they still can't tell me where it is.

imo USPS is next in line under the TSA for govt institutions that need to be dissolved immediately. The private sector does it better (in every field)

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    In some areas it's not always financially beneficial to send a truck out - so they give it to USPS because they /have/ to pass by every address. It's no conspiracy or indication of a bigger travesty. It's just making/saving money.

I haven't moved. It's new to me. They may have always done it, but they have expanded that operation, it seems.

I must be on a route that's 'borderline' - I got my UPS package deferred to USPS this week, but 2 weeks ago, or so, the UPS man passed by. When UPS delivers to me it's been after 6pm, sometimes 8pm - so something tells me it has more to do with what they can handle in a day, and whether or not it's worth adding another truck and driver for the area.

I see UPS and USPS daily in my apartment complex. I'm not on the fringe of anything.

Top Bottom