Uptick in NICS Delays?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • northern

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Apologize if this is the wrong forum. Mods you may move or whack.

Question for the BS FFLers. During times of high volume purchasing or after high profile events have you noticed an uptick in NICS background check delays?

I receive a proceed more often than not but have been delayed a handful of times. No rhyme or reason, I’ve got immediate proceeds at big box stores and delayed (usually a day) through a local FFL.

The reason I ask is because I most recently got delayed at Academy. I had some gift cards to use and figured why not. I recently learned that Academy policy does not mirror the “Brady Date” 3 day hold provisions and they will not release any firearm without a proceed.

I realize this is all probably nothing to worry about and Ill probably get the G2G soon, but with all the craziness going on I was wondering if there was an uptick in delays or the delay periods were getting longer.

Thanks!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Ive sold plenty of guns during rushes. I havent noticed any more delays. But I sure the hell dont miss calling in 4473 checks...i waited an hour and a half once for a further review.

Top Bottom