Urban Shield 2009

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    What a bunch of thugs

alamedacountyurbanterrorists.jpg

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    could be the seed group for national police force

Or they could just be not wearn the blue helments in this pic

no doubt the po po is becomin more better at combatn thuggery, I'm sure they have to be, but when you let the po po dress and act like military hit teams thats what they soon become

This swat biznes has gone way too far if anyone wuz axen me

Not to start a thread jak here but we all can name at least one national horror story that came from a LE LEADERSHIP rush to fight, pls see LEADERSHIP, not the rank and file

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'll be the voice of reason and say, who the hell cares? Are you planning on visiting scenic Oakland during this event? I doubt it. The first time one of these teams messes up, you'll be calling for their heads and saying they should be better trained.

Next time find a more slanted news source, I couldn't tell what that website thought of the event at all.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I don't see the problem with it. Would you rather SWAT teams roam around busting down doors without any practical training?

If you ever end up in a hostage situation and they have to go in and drag you out, I hope you appreciate them a lot more.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Anything that a Government can do to protect its people it can use against its people, it's something that we have to measure the pros & cons of.

This is the kind of thing that most people in the nation have voted for, either directly or unintentionally.

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    I don't see the problem with it. Would you rather SWAT teams roam around busting down doors without any practical training?

If you ever end up in a hostage situation and they have to go in and drag you out, I hope you appreciate them a lot more.

We would all be safer if their were no SWAT teams.

Lewgee

USMC VET OIF * *
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    St Charles
    We did TRUEX in Savannah.. the MEUs have used New Orleans, Pensacola... pretty much any city with a base nearby. We cleared buildings, sent in teams all over the city..fast roped onto boats in the river... good times..

I spent 5 days doing urban recon in Goldsboro, NC... 90% of the population had no clue we where there and the other 10% ran...

Good times..

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Wow, extra layers of foil, huh? Maybe the colder weather we've been getting, when the tin foil is exposed to such, is causing brain freeze.

Police. Training. Safety. Cooperation. Expanding knowledge base and helping each other refine tactics. Citizenry being exposed to what it takes to do their job, and possibly even getting to help or participate, resulting in fostering better relationships between the police and those citizens. Which is the evil part?

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Having SWAT teams for hostage situations is great.

Over-using them for minor violations is not great. I'm not a fan of the pre-dawn no knock warrents for somebody who allegedly has a joint according to one of their "sources."

A situation like "Die Hard" would be a great application of a SWAT team. I just think the SWAT teams have become used far more than they should.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom