Used vehicle mechanic inspection

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Anyone know a god mechanic to look over a used vehicle prior to purchase? I seem to remember a poster on BS owns a shop that does this, but I can't remember who?

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Thanks BS ,
    When you select one call me at the shop so we can set up your visit.
    756-8488
    Vince . Racheal knows what's up too. Let her know that you're from bayou shooter

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Thanks BS ,
    When you select one call me at the shop so we can set up your visit.
    756-8488
    Vince . Racheal knows what's up too. Let her know that you're from bayou shooter

Thanks! I'm going to be purchasing for a reputable dealer...would you still recommend an inspection?

Robertn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Mill, SC
    Law1911 there have been issues with the dash cracking on these trucks, I just realized mine was cracked this weekend. I have an 09 out of warranty but I contacted Chevy to see if this on a recall or anytning since it is a very common problem.

Last edited:

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Thanks! I'm going to be purchasing for a reputable dealer...would you still recommend an inspection?

Reputable dealers, while they won't purposely conceal problems, will only do a minimal inspection in my experience. (I worked in a dealership for a year when I was young and my Mom and Grandfather were in dealerships most of their careers.)

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Yes !

Reputable dealers do tend to have the nicer cars.
    However they are relying on the mechanics to point out problems.

Then the manager has to decide if the mechanics recommendations for repairs on the vehicle are "within their profit margins".
    Yes we find things overlooked on the nicest of vehicles.

On a used car inspection, I am on your side, looking out for your best interest and investment.
    The dealership is making decisions based off of profit .
    I am not saying every dealer is out to get you.
    Investing $85 on a vehicle purchase must be part of the buying process

I'll school you on extended warranties as well when we meet.
    that's another area you can be deceived . Yes I believe in warranties, however its the fine print on those contracts that will get ya.

I have saved countless buyers from nightmares by weeding out those lemons.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Only $85? I was planning on having this done when I find a vehicle anyways, but that's much cheaper than I thought it would be. How does this work, I ask the dealer to let me take it to your shop?

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Most local dealers know we do this.

Yes just ask them [or tell them] that you want L&S to perform a used inspection. Usually they will let you sign the car out [ if you currently have full coverage insurance] and bring it to me. Ask for a 3 or 4 hour window to give me enough time to squeeze the car in.

yes only $85! I have pulled cars on the rack, to only drive them back off and say NO. in this case, I do not charge. Yes, customers have gone through several cars to get the right one. Even then, the monies spent are worth their weight in ammo !
    The other side of this, is our opportunity to earn your future business for ALL of your vehicles.
    We will impress you with our knowledge and common sense approach to auto service.

Top Bottom