Valuable lesson learned last night…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    My nephew (who is 18 years old), was robbed last night and his AR15 was stolen at gun point.

He now knows not to meet up with any fine people from Instagram to sell a gun anymore…

Luckily they caught one of the individuals 30 minutes later after pulling the vehicle over and the gun was recovered, though they said it will be in evidence for months. Apparently it’s two high school students in the right path….

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I say you can meet me at the the Sheriff's Office Parking lot on Airline Hwy. If they have a problem with that then I do not want their money. That is for FB market place and Craigslist. On this site I can get a pretty good feel of someone before I agree to meet. Even then I do it in a very public place in the middle of the day. There are some creepers on here too occasionally so be careful.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Glad nephew survived the event. Do not trust any public parking lot. Sounds like the other side had multible people involved and why was nephew alone or did he have someone with him. If somebody is up to no good do you think think that the Sheriff"s Office parking lot would be a deterant in these times. ...................................... drill sgt.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    I only did something similar once. I had spotted a rather unique double barrel shotgun at a gun show, that was on consingment. Asking was way too much so went home, got on the computer and did some research. It was for a French Charlin , a sliding breech type, similar to the better known Darne, they actually thought it was a Darne. I knew one of the guys working that table, he had been a barber at the shop I use. I tracked him down and made an a offer of a little less than half of what they were asking. They had to get back to the owner and check, and my offer was accepted. We were all in seperate towns, and one offered to bring it down, we met at the city library parking lot, exchanged the shotgun for cash and went on our seperate ways. I did know, although not well, who I was dealing with though, makes a difference.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I am seeing a scary trend here. Private sales with no background check. Sales to people you know, who are of good character, are fine. But sales to someone you don't know without going thru an FFL is asking for trouble in my opinion, I can see the lawyer for the family suung you asking, "Well Mr. Smith did you have a background check done on Mr. Jones, who you previously stated you did not know, before you sold him the weapon he used to kill 3 people?" I will be selling a weapon soon. Unless it is going to a close friend or relative, I will have my local FFL do a transfer for me.

StephenC

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sounds like your nephew has been too trusting of your friendly neighborhood joggers. He’s lucky he didn’t get shot by the low impulse control animals.

Nobody wants to be “mean” anymore and tell the truths to their children that our grandfathers told us for before because we’ve “progressed” past admitting basic truths to ourselves.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Even with in-person deals on here, I've either driven to a LEO facility where the seller worked, or set a meeting in a public place where I have showed up in my marked unit, sometimes even in uniform after work.

I really like the idea that some agencies use where they mark out a public space adjoining their building with camera coverage so people can arrange to meet for online sale/trade exchanges.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Even with in-person deals on here, I've either driven to a LEO facility where the seller worked, or set a meeting in a public place where I have showed up in my marked unit, sometimes even in uniform after work.

I really like the idea that some agencies use where they mark out a public space adjoining their building with camera coverage so people can arrange to meet for online sale/trade exchanges.
    really smart ideas. only bad thing is, sometimes none of that matters anymore. which is bad for you. it is a really strong deterrent though.

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    Law agencies have "areas marked for video" and welcome transactions?

I would expect stepping out with a couple of firearms on a police lot would raise some eyebrows these days.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

I would expect stepping out with a couple of firearms on a police lot would raise some eyebrows these days.
    Nope . Central PD has a marked spot right near the front door . Now , if you walk in the lobby with a firearm you'll probably get some attention .

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana

Pretty easy to walk in and say "Good evening, I am doing a person to person firearm sale, just wanted to let yall know. Im doing it because I feel safer here"....They wont care.

Top Bottom