Value of Reminton R1S TALO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Considering selling this gun, not sure the value, as I have not seen many TALO guns in my searches.

Model 1911 R1-S SA PISTOL TALO.

300 rounds or so through it, shoots well. Have the box, 2 mags, all stuff. What would be a good price to ask?

Curious about the TALO designation. The gun I sent to Remington was not a TALO. They replaced the gun, with the TALO.

Thoughts?

Grips RiS.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Considering selling this gun, not sure the value, as I have not seen many TALO guns in my searches.

Model 1911 R1-S SA PISTOL TALO.

300 rounds or so through it, shoots well. Have the box, 2 mags, all stuff. What would be a good price to ask?

Curious about the TALO designation. The gun I sent to Remington was not a TALO. They replaced the gun, with the TALO.

Thoughts?

View attachment 50684

http://www.taloinc.com/

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Heard of them, just not sure what the TALO designation on this gun means. The original one was not TALO, this is the replacement from Remington. How TALO and this gun go together, not sure.

This is some kind of Remington designation IMHO.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Heard of them, just not sure what the TALO designation on this gun means. The original one was not TALO, this is the replacement from Remington. How TALO and this gun go together, not sure.

This is some kind of Remington designation IMHO.

It means it is a talo edition gun, one of their manufactured collectors items. The grips aren't original to the gun. They were originally double diamond walnuts

remington%201911%20002.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Yes, I am known for swapping grips. Actually gave the Remington R1 Grips to go on a friend's Dad's Remington Rand 1911. Is the TALO designation worth anything if I were to sell it?

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    TALO is a distributor who does "special edition" guns with manufacturers. They do special run Glocks with NiBor type coating and things like that. In the case of your R1 it appears the only differences are the TALO model came with rosewood grips and 8rd mags. Selling price is/was the same as the standard R1.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    TALO is a distributor who does "special edition" guns with manufacturers. They do special run Glocks with NiBor type coating and things like that. In the case of your R1 it appears the only differences are the TALO model came with rosewood grips and 8rd mags. Selling price is/was the same as the standard R1.

TY, that is what I was thinking. Was curious because the original gun was not a TALO, the replacement was, but the only difference I see is an extended mag release. So, in this case, the TALO, is just big green marketing.

Top Bottom