Varget

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up. Varget is some good powder for a wide range of calibers. You don't happen to remember the price do you?

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    I can't figure out why all powder went up from $21 to $30ish at all of the big box stores yet you can still get it online for $20-$22 (but have to pay shipping/hazmat)

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know, but these prices are the norm for me now. I got back into reloading just as everything got scarce so I don't feel it. I got back in to load 45-60, but now I'm loading several different cartridges. A teacher in high school told me I had a "flair for the tedious". I think she was right.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I can't figure out why all powder went up from $21 to $30ish at all of the big box stores yet you can still get it online for $20-$22 (but have to pay shipping/hazmat)

Its all part of the panic buying scheme. Alot of ppl started reloading so they could keep shooting during the rush so suppliers saw an increased demand. Prices followed suite. Its much the same reason you can find 22s online for fair prices but some vendors are selling at 50% markups. It will eventually level off but prices always drop much slower than they rise.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    I was at a range in Alabama last week, and saw over a dozen 1lb bottles of Varget on the shelf. I thought "Wow, it must be my lucky day." Then took a close look and saw each one was labeled $49.95!!!

No thank. I'll buy elsewhere.

Top Bottom