VATA Boys are BACK......Again!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smoker

La. POST Firearms Inst.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Gretna, La
    I have not been on bayou shooter for long and I don't normally have the time to chat on forums. However, after attending the VATA tactical handgun courses (Intro., 1 & 2) I am a VATA convert.

I and several other students attended the weekend long Tactical Pistol 2 course. The course was attended by LEOs and civilians, in my option all "WELL Qualified" shooters. Saturday starting and ended with a challenging "qualification" course after a brief review of prior course's content we moved quickly into new material.

The new material covered several methods of shooting: shooting prone (4 different styles); shooting at reactive targets; shooting on the move (all angles); one hand reloads and malfunction drills; shooting at a threat, while protecting a family member and several other courses of fire which I'm sure the other attendee will kindly remind me of.

The kicker was the "Gauntlet", an accumulation of all of the weekend's skills. The drill was a realistic (partially blind) course. It was challenging and FANTASTIC I was out of breath by the end of the drill. (DAMN, F.U. Couch, inside joke) :mad:

Aside from the quality instruction, I want to take a second to mention the great students. Everyone had great attitudes making the course even more enjoyable (no whiners). I believe I have made some really great friends.

As a long time Active P.O.S.T. Certified Instructor I learned techniques and methods that I have never been exposed to in hundreds of quality training classes. Greg & Destin provided real world instruction (Been There, Shot That), without the typical "do it our way, because I said so" attitude. They were patient and answered all questions without the B.S.

I have learned enough that will keep me busy teaching my guys for years. Most of everything I learned will be incorporated into my future training and qualification sessions for my department.

We started Saturday as well qualified shooter and with the training we received by the end of the day Sunday we are well on our way to becoming "Warriors & Gun Fighter"

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Where are you a POST Firearms Instructor? You need to put your location in your profile.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Had to rubb it in ???????????? hehe, next time I will do my BEST to be there with you guys lst minute stuff didnt allow me to, did you manage to win the little competition again ???????

zonblitz

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Slidell LA
    Just want to add to this, the class pace was great. As Smoker mentioned after some initial review and diagnostics we set out on numerous new techniques and options for implememting them. The 2 primary factors in the way these guys teach is they explain why they want you to do something a certain way in lieu of "Because I said so" and Whenever they show you something new they usually show you at least 2 ways of going about it so that you can choose what workes best for you. This is done with NO EGO. I've been to quite a Few VATA classes now and it just gets better.

More on the Tactical Pistol II course, We had approximately 6 'tests' if you will throughout the course. Each with increasing difficulty and each of the tactics/positions we'd learned were included. Shooting on the move was a common thread in just about everything we did.

To add to Smoker's comments we worked specifically on speeding up our presentation and first round on target (Steel at about 10 yds). When I first took Intro to Tactical Pistol over a year ago, I wondered what Tactical Pistol II would be like.. I was not disappointed, I was pardon the pun, Blown Away!

I highly recommend the entire VATA curriculum to all LEO and anyone who carries a gun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom