VATA Group, (Covington)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zonblitz

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Slidell LA
    I spoke to Greg today regarding the class tomorrow and he had some really good stuff to share regarding their facility and some things that were in motion.

For the people that attended last week he said we won't recognize the place now with 360 deg berms and a few other changes.

He also said that he would make a point to post on thsi forum soon to introduce himself.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Dang! My fault...I dropped the ball on the carbine class.

This week has flown by!

With 70% chance of rain tonight and 40% in the morning, what are the chances of the class being cancelled due to safety concerns?

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Dang! My fault...I dropped the ball on the carbine class.

This week has flown by!

With 70% chance of rain tonight and 40% in the morning, what are the chances of the class being cancelled due to safety concerns?

What happened to "If it ain't raining, you ain't training" ;)

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    What happened to "If it ain't raining, you ain't training" ;)

Even if you only meant it as a joke, that is a very good point!

It is not my call but, having been to their range, I understand their concerns.

Losing revenue vs. expensive range upgrades...I wouldn't want to face either of them!

IMO, the VATA guys have the drive it takes to move mountains. Time will tell if they have the money to do so.

Good luck guys!

Greg Lapin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Hey fellow shooters,

Sorry it took us so long but I wanted to formally introduce ourselves and thank you guys for welcoming us to the forum. Some of you on here have already met us and have been more than patient through some of our bumps in the road. We are working hard and putting every bit of revenue we make back into VATA and the ranges so that we will hopefully, in the somewhat near future have a first class training facility right in our back yard. I will try and attach some photos of a couple of our previous classes and some of the ongoing improvements to the range. (Be patient, there is a reason I work with guns, cause I couldn't make a living with my computer skills) Those that have been out there will not even recognize the place, and there is more to come. We are having our website revamped as well so hopefully it will be more user friendly and give you guys a little more info.

Destin and I have been in the business for a long time, but we just finally decided to sack up and do it ourselves. We also have an incredibly talented pool of adjunct instructors and some of you have met one of them already. We just posted some more class dates up on the calender page of the website www.vatagroup.net so go check them out. Please keep in mind the we still work for the government both in training and operational roles so sometimes we are away from the internet. If you guys post something on the forum and we don't respond, we are not gaffing you off, we probably just don't have access to the web. If you send us emails to either glapin@vatagroup.net or dmounts@vatagroup.net there will always be someone, if not us able to respond.

Again, thank you guys for your support and we look forward to seeing you out there.

Stay in the Fight,
    Greg Lapin

jd34c5oloew22wkrta26.jpg

Greg Lapin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Some range improvements. We've got a nice big side berm now, and the start of gravel. Plus I got to have a little fun. We will have shelter and tables out there soon.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Awesome, hey now that you are here I dont want you to get all mad about me putting ualls pics on the web site, but some of the guys had problems viewing them so I just went ahead and put them on the site I apologize for doing it without asking for permission. Glad to have you here, hope you come back and answer some of the questions that some of the forum members have, looking forward to doing some training with you guys in the near future,also if you guys happen to need "help" building or improoving the range im sure you guys can find lots of people willing to swing a hammer on this forum if needed. (Pablo E.)

Last edited:

lajeeper

heartless conservative
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    BR
    Awesome. Assuming my interviews work out and I land my internship, I guess I know where my training money will be going this summer. :x:

Greg Lapin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Hey guys,

We have launched the new website www.vatagroup.net so go check it out. We have all new dates on the calender page and you can now register via the website and we are accepting payment via paypal.

We will continue to make improvements on the website and we are in the process of building another range and offroad driving course. Let us know what you think and we hope to see you out there.

Stay in the fight,
    Greg

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    It would be useful if you could insert dropdown menus (or at least roll-overs) on your "courses" page. If a student were interested in one of the courses, a simplye roll-over with the mouse could expand a data tree that reveals what each course entails.

It could even include requirements in skill, equipment (like number of rounds), and length of course.

It would probably save you a lot of email or phone chatter.

OveractiveBrain

P.S. Site is MUCH improved from where it was!

Last edited:

Greg Lapin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Brain,

Thanks for the comments. You hit the nail on the head and we are actually getting all our information together to make the site a little more informative and user friendly. Thanks for the compliments on the redesigned site. I have to give kudos to our graphic designer and our I.T./ web designer. We work with guns for a reason and if it weren't for them you'd be looking at a bunch of stick figures.
    We are getting the designs down for some new ranges and our offroad driving course as well as the shoothouse and 1000 yard ranges, so hopefully we will be posting a new portion of the site that will be dedicated to our training facility and private, members only range which we should be starting on in the near future. We are trying to put together a high end range and eventually skeet and trap shooting club for private members to come and shoot at when ever they want, along with the private instruction training facility. We will check in whenever we can to keep you all updated.
    Destin and I are deploying in the next few days and will not have email access for a while. If you or anyone else has questions or comments please let us know and someone will try to address them as quickly as possible. Thanks again.

Stay in the Fight,
    Greg Lapin

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Brain,

Thanks for the comments. You hit the nail on the head and we are actually getting all our information together to make the site a little more informative and user friendly. Thanks for the compliments on the redesigned site. I have to give kudos to our graphic designer and our I.T./ web designer. We work with guns for a reason and if it weren't for them you'd be looking at a bunch of stick figures.
    We are getting the designs down for some new ranges and our offroad driving course as well as the shoothouse and 1000 yard ranges, so hopefully we will be posting a new portion of the site that will be dedicated to our training facility and private, members only range which we should be starting on in the near future. We are trying to put together a high end range and eventually skeet and trap shooting club for private members to come and shoot at when ever they want, along with the private instruction training facility. We will check in whenever we can to keep you all updated.
    Destin and I are deploying in the next few days and will not have email access for a while. If you or anyone else has questions or comments please let us know and someone will try to address them as quickly as possible. Thanks again.

Stay in the Fight,
    Greg Lapin

:eek3: Private, members only Range? I like the sound of that :D:D

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I like the range idea also, please please please bring some competition to tallow creek. Not that it would take much to put them out of business.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I like the range idea also, please please please bring some competition to tallow creek. Not that it would take much to put them out of business.

competition: a business relation in which two parties compete to gain customers.

If Tallow Creek went out of business, then there would be no competition to keep VATA on the ball. Not that they need it. They are self-motivated squared away guys.

BUT...if Tallow Creek shut down then many of the "duds" will start showing up at VATA's range and, until they are sent away, bug the good customers.

I'd like to see TWO GREAT ranges! VATA may be just what Tallow Creek needs to kick it in gear...which is probably what you meant to begin with?

( I know what you probably meant in your post...no offense ) :)

Top Bottom