Vehicle burglaries at Academy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    A friend (LE) advised that his vehicle was burglarized this past Friday at Academy on Airline (BR) between 6:00 -6:30 pm. He said he was in the store for maybe 30 minutes or less . Entry was made by way of the the driver's door of his truck, punching the lock out.
    A S&W 4046 w/two spare mags were taken from the console, plus his LE ID.

Two or three other vehicles were burglarized .

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    I don't think so, he was off and in his personal vehicle, not in uniform. The other vehicles had lap tops and misc. items taken. He said the parking lot was full with lots of people walking in and out.

Just stay alert of the area when exiting or entering your vehicle .

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Not a good part of town any longer........Not too much longer and you could call that area MALL CITY !!!!!!!!! BON MARCHE MALL CITY that is !!!!!!!!

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    What makes me think, is that, there is a ATM just about 100 yards going toward the interstate, on the left, I guess thats going to be the next target,,..I go their all the time.. going to be very careful next time..

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    Yes, that was my old neighborhood back in the 50's and 60's (Old Broadmoor) I use to buy gas at a Shell Station in the area for .27 cents a gallon. The Cortana Mall area was just woods, where I use to terrorized birds and squirrels with my pellet rifle. Times have really changed, but I still have wonderful memories.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I bet 10 bucks there was some LE identifier somewhere on vehicle. Easy to spot for a meth head with a habbit to feed. Kinda like the CC stickers I see on vehicles. I love the thought and the political statment but man If I was a meth head outside a gov building I'd check there first.

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    Eventually some dope head is going to get caught in a bust and he is going to say if you let me go I know where this guy got PoPo ID from a car he tooks it from. Dets will take it from there.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Eventually some dope head is going to get caught in a bust and he is going to say if you let me go I know where this guy got PoPo ID from a car he tooks it from. Dets will take it from there.
    I hope so and I hope they make them pay bad. That should be automatic 25 years with question of injection.

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    It's better to carry a gun then keep it in your car for some hood rat to take. You should talk him in to a CCW class :D

He always has a carry, he has 37 years of full time LE under his belt . Some of you guys are missing the point of this post, it has nothing to do with him being a LEO, he does not have any stickers on his vehicle, 2-3 other vehicles were burglarized ???????
    80 % of people that have these LE stickers on their vehicles are not even POST.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I bet 10 bucks there was some LE identifier somewhere on vehicle. Easy to spot for a meth head with a habbit to feed. Kinda like the CC stickers I see on vehicles. I love the thought and the political statment but man If I was a meth head outside a gov building I'd check there first.

Like a thin blue line sticker?

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    These stories really chap my ass. Another bad guy running around with a gun because someone didn't spent $30 to buy one of these and 30 seconds use it.

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    When I worked at Academy in Shreveport back in 07 my truck got broken into during my lunch break. I had gone to Burger King, ate, and then went back to buy something as a present because it was around Christmas time. I was in the store for 20 minutes. Thief popped my door handle and stole my radio. In hind sight, there was a car parked close to the door. Upon my exit the car pulled off rather quickly. I'm assuming this was the get a way car because it stopped in the side street that runs inbetween Academy and Home Depot. All the thief got was my radio, but he screwed up my sun visor trying to rip my cd case off. Thank you Velcro corporation, he didn't get it. There was also a .38 revolver in my console that given enough time I sure he would have found. I hope to never have that gut sinking feeling again. Sorry about your friend.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    These stories really chap my ass. Another bad guy running around with a gun because someone didn't spent $30 to buy one of these and 30 seconds use it.

I use one of these. It is well hidden in my truck and difficult to get into without a good bit of time invested or heavy duty tools. Definitely worth the money.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins

what is it, where where can I purchase it? Actually, once I know the first answer I can search for the second. Thanks.

Top Bottom