Video Software

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Just got a Moultrie ReAction video camera. It's smaller than my cell phone and has a clip to mount on a hat brim. The camera shoots video at 720p hi def, standard def, and VGA. Videos play back fine if recorded in standard def, but the software seems to have some buffering problems at hi def. Can anyone recommend some video playback and editing software that can handle 720p without costing an arm and a leg?

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Can you think of a good program for converting or compressing videos so they're within the limits of my hardware? I haven't tried yet, but I guess if I burn a video to DVD, the buffering problems won't show up when the DVD is played back?

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    OJOsoft is a cheap video conversion software. Thats all it does though. Takes whatever format you are in and puts it in another. Runs 20-60 dollras for the download.

It may not solve your problem.

if youre looking for some heavy duty software adobe produces a 500 dollar video editing software.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    It it more probably your video card that is lacking and not the software.

^^^This^^^

If you use software to convert or compress hi-def video, aren't you degrading video quality, thereby defeating the point of recording hi-def in the first place? I dunno, but it seems plausible.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Thanks for the tips. I downloaded WindowsLive Movie Maker and converting from the original AVI to WMV seems to do the trick. Now, I just need some game in front of me to get some "gun camera" footage ;)

Top Bottom