Vintage Match Honey Island Range July 4th

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    SELFS Inc. will be holding a Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) sanctioned Vintage Military Rifle Match on the morning of July 4, 2008. The match will be held at the Honey Island Shooting Range, located in the Pearl River Wildlife Management area. About eight miles north of Slidell, La on Interstate 59. The match will be open to the first 30 paid applications. Match applications, program and other info can be found at www.honeyisland.org/Vintage_Match

For further information I can be contacted at dhak4d123@aol.com

Thanks,

Don Hackford

Range Master / Vice President

Southeast Louisiana Firearms Safety, Inc.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Thanks, Dan, for putting this info up. I shot yesterday and did a little better than I thought I would.:hs: 171 out of 300. Not bad for a Russian captured, Kar98k that is 66 years old and shooting military surplus "sniper grade" ammo. Also not bad for the first competition I've shot in since my high school rifle team in 1988.

I highly recommend anybody who's on the fence to sign up for the next one. It was a blast!

Dave

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    There were 18 shooters at the HI Vintage 4th of July bash. There were 7 medals awarded for the 13 shooters eligible for awards. High scorer was Daniel Macgregor with a 281-5 for a gold medal. Everyone that attendend got a CMP certificate of Achievement and became eligible to participate in CMP purchases.

The next Honey Island event will be Labor Day with a M1 Garand match. So mark your calenders. Range Master Don Hackford did a fine job putting on this event.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    There were 18 shooters at the HI Vintage 4th of July bash. There were 7 medals awarded for the 13 shooters eligible for awards. High scorer was Daniel Macgregor with a 281-5 for a gold medal. Everyone that attendend got a CMP certificate of Achievement and became eligible to participate in CMP purchases.

The next Honey Island event will be Labor Day with a M1 Garand match. So mark your calenders. Range Master Don Hackford did a fine job putting on this event.

Did you have to be a member of CMP to get a certificate? 'Cuz I didn't get one.

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    If you turned in your score card to Don Hackford you would have received a certificate. Did you pre-register or show up on the 4th? I have the list and your name is not on it. you may want to contact Don Hackford at the Honey Island Range web site.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    To qualify for a CMP purchase, you do need to be a member of a CMP associated club, however, there is no CMP membership per se.

Dan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom