Virginia drops reciprocity with Louisiana, most other states

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    *To me, this is a commonsense step that can help make Virginians and our law enforcement officers safer by ensuring that Virginia’s laws on who can and cannot carry a concealed handgun are applied evenly, consistently, and fairly,*

So much ignorance all in one sentence.

Criminals don't obey the law. If they did, they wouldn't be criminals...

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    The next time I hear the term common sense I may throw up.

*To me, this is a commonsense step that can help make Virginians and our law enforcement officers safer by ensuring that Virginia’s laws on who can and cannot carry a concealed handgun are applied evenly, consistently, and fairly,*

Now it's one word and used as an adverb? I now chalk it up with synergistic, proactive, and urgency, words that make me want to vomit.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    "Herring said severing the out-of-state agreements can prevent people who may be dangerous or irresponsible from carrying a concealed handgun." I think I've just been insulted!

Yep, all criminals will immediately stop carrying concealed handguns. Let's sit back and watch VA's gun crime rate plummet. BTW - VA is still an open carry state.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well thankfully, most criminals who choose to carry discreetly are known for obeying firearms laws, so the Virginians that voted these commies into office are now even MORE safe! :doh::doh::doh::doh:

On a serious note: You know they're on the wrong side of the issue when they pull out the "common sense" crap. :madfawk::madfawk:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What is really sad is these phony's in charge know that the average Virginian believes the crap they spin. It truly is the saddest part of living amongst other people!

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    They do issue non resident permits. If you have a LA permit, then you probably already have sufficient proof to get their permit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    They do issue non resident permits. If you have a LA permit, then you probably already have sufficient proof to get their permit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yeah just looked into it.

Looks like another 100 bucks. http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_NonresidentConcealed.shtm

I did buy the lifetime permit here in louisiana just a year ago with the thought that I would save money in the long run.

I am curous though does anyone know how many years they have had reciprocity with Louisiana?

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Open carry is legal in VA (even for NON-VA residents. I also read that it is legal to carry in vehicle in glove box, lock box, etc. (confirm for yourself of course.)

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    Its really only those in the northern Virginia area in the DC suburbs that eat up the VA governor's calls for "commonsense" gun control. McAuliffe can't get what he wants through legislation so he does these things to spite his opponents. Hopefully when this VA governor is up for reelection, there will be more turnout in the rest of VA to kick him out. It is entirely possible with more voter turnout. Those active with the Virginia Citizens Defense League are always working to get people engaged.
    http://www.vcdl.org/
    Virginia's recent history serves as a good example on why not to be complacent in a supposedly secure state. Eternal vigilance is unfortunately necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom