'Voice of Reason' Mike Tyson gives his thoughts on Martin case....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    He is projecting his feelings about the subject on the case with no evidence. If you know anything about Mike Tyson he was bullied a great deal as a younger child. One of the main reasons he became a fighter. He pictures himself as Travon and the bullies of his youth as Zimmerman.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Hint: you're (Whites) are under attack by the very same forces you (as a whole) don't understand - and many don't wish to. They already control much of the Black leadership and those they don't control they label "mad".

Choosing to learn your history and preserve your culture - lose these and you're DONE.

If you choose to affiliate with your own race and culture that IS NOT A BAD THING. Is it any different than Blacks, Jews or Hispanics who choose the same? Simply DO NOT ACCEPT THE LABELS. I adore YOUR history and have a library devoted to the Eurasian Tribes. One thing I've noticed: the more one knows about "others" the less distrust, angst, fear (or whatever it is) one has. I accept the things I adore AND REJECT WHAT I DON'T.

Teach your family and friends - especially the children. Blacks were written out of history books in the US in the 1920s and 30s; it negatively affects self esteem. Learn from us.

One thing that WORKS. When you see a Black person look him or her in the eyes and speak: "Good morning, brother." No "hip" intonations. Watch - or rather FEEL the response. I notice the same when I'm amongst the Arabs. They always respond. For those of you I really care for I sometimes address you as brother and I mean it.

Racism (I know no better word but our definition a incorrect) dies one person at a time.

For those that we'd rather not be around, addressing them as "brother" o "sister", gives them some pause if they have a soul.

Just tonight I was being eyeballed by two white guys who were of very low breeding and culture as I was at the checkout counter at Walgreen's. I could sense the potential trouble and made a note of which one appeared to be the leader and would initiate any hostility. And while I was prepared to "go to blows" with them if it was initiated something inside blurted out, "How y'all brothers doing?" They paused, glanced at each other and responded, "uh, we alright."

I KNOW they were thinking unclean thoughts - BUT acknowledging that you have no quarrel with their perceived differences makes a difference.

Hell, I get taken aback, too.

I assume everyone here is a shooter. As such you are ALL brothers and sisters to me no matter the hard conversations. When I met Paul Gomez I recall the first thing he said was, "How's it going, brother?" And I knew.

Actually, we have a mutual friend so I KNEW he was a helluva guy but SMALL THINGS GO LONG WAYS.

Some may ask what if the guy spat on the floor when I spoke. That's okay. My blade was in my hand and my trusty sidearm was where she is supposed to be. Rarely has addressing someone with respect brought anything but respect.

Try it. It goes a long way.

Absolutely. Tossing out to someone a respectful few words can catch then off guard, and in the meantime, you have made your exit. Safely. Most of the time.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    There's lots of white folks saying the same thing (inverted) that these black folks are saying. They're just doing it in private because it's not acceptable to state on TV, and/or they've got more tact.

I'm not a racist; I hate jerks, leaches and dumb azzes no matter what the color of their skin. However, here in NOLA, it would be very easy to mistake me for a racist. We have a very large African American population, so I am exposed to said jerks, leaches and dumb azzes of that persuasion quite often. Further, in my daily life, they are statistically more likely fall into one of those three categories than their Caucasian, Asian, Hispanic, or Middle Eastern counterparts. This has absolutely nothing to do with the color of their skin, but more the conditions of their lives.

Admittedly, my first attempt to clarify all of this wasn't very cogent. :o I've been sick for 5 days, for the first time in at least 2 years, and have accumulated no more than 70 hours of sleep in the past 14 days; cut me some slack! :D

Okay, thanks for the reply. I'm sick every day from chronic this and that and more often than I deserve I have to re-read items of interest before I get the point, and even then sometimes I remain confused. So I just move on.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    He is projecting his feelings about the subject on the case with no evidence. If you know anything about Mike Tyson he was bullied a great deal as a younger child. One of the main reasons he became a fighter. He pictures himself as Travon and the bullies of his youth as Zimmerman.

I have seen, a few times, in an interview, his emotional, thoughtful personality. I believe, one on one, he and any other individual, and one had a serious personal problem or need, he would do what he could to help them. But he does have an anger within him, as alot of us do, that can manifest itself at the most inopportune moment, causing others to label him in the wrong way.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Who else wants to hear about mjolinir's upbringing/background, if he'd be ok w it? Mjolinir, thoughts? If not that's cool, but I think it would add to this topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Who else wants to hear about mjolinir's upbringing/background, if he'd be ok w it? Mjolinir, thoughts? If not that's cool, but I think it would add to this topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I'm from BTR, LA. Youngest of five. Mom was an elementary teacher, dad an electrical contractor.

Lived in an all black neighborhood, went to school where mom taught. From there I was in private school.

Played sports all of my life and was a voracious reader from the age of four.

Went to Catholic High and from there to Southern University where I majored in MechEngrg.

Worked at GM Motorsports and GM Powertrain. Left to go to GA Tech to (initially) get a PhD. Got bored - actually found what's going on in the world MUCH more exciting so I left with an MSME in Thermal Sciences (Fluids, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics).

Worked in Vibrations and Acoustics at Ford and was one of three Vehicle-level and Powertrain Sound Quality "Experts" as well as total vehicle vibrations.

I still read a book a week (or so) and three newspapers daily plus daily web searches.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I'm from BTR, LA. Youngest of five. Mom was an elementary teacher, dad an electrical contractor.

Lived in an all black neighborhood, went to school where mom taught. From there I was in private school.

Played sports all of my life and was a voracious reader from the age of four.

Went to Catholic High and from there to Southern University where I majored in MechEngrg.

Worked at GM Motorsports and GM Powertrain. Left to go to GA Tech to (initially) get a PhD. Got bored - actually found what's going on in the world MUCH more exciting so I left with an MSME in Thermal Sciences (Fluids, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics).

Worked in Vibrations and Acoustics at Ford and was one of three Vehicle-level and Powertrain Sound Quality "Experts" as well as total vehicle vibrations.

I still read a book a week (or so) and three newspapers daily plus daily web searches.

I was a new car make ready manager for Ford once.

I hated vibration complaints.........

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It takes expensive equipment and skilled analysts to really do a downtown job.

I spec'd equipment for that very purpose I recall. Never went anywhere. Surprise, surprise. Too much money.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom