Vortex Viper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Wife is looking at the Vortex Viper HS 4x16x44mm to put on her 6.5 Creedmoor.Anybody have the Viper line scopes lets hear the good and bad.
    She now has a Vortex Diamondback on the 6.5 CM,but wants to put it on her new CVA Scout .45/70.

Jlong1691

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Denham Springs
    Wife is looking at the Vortex Viper HS 4x16x44mm to put on her 6.5 Creedmoor.Anybody have the Viper line scopes lets hear the good and bad.
    She now has a Vortex Diamondback on the 6.5 CM,but wants to put it on her new CVA Scout .45/70.

They are good glass for the money, the warranty can't be beat. I don't really have anything to say negative about any I have had. I don't have any unrealistic expectations either. they track well, have accurate reticles, and a fair amount of options.

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    the Viper is a good choice. However, the .45/70 may be too much for the Diamondback. There's a good chance it'll come loose after awhile. However, just sent it back and they'll sent you a new one!

Cottonmouth1776

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2021
    Baton Rouge
    I know for sure that a diamondback will lose zero on a .35 whelen. My dads did and I had about 3 come into the shop with that problem and they all went to leopold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Well something to think about with the Diamondback....It's her decision to make what she wants.Will only be using it to hunt,not doing target shooting.

I have a Nikon Buckmaster on my CVA Scout .45/70 and it's doing ok,can hit bullseye at 100 yds,use it for hunting not target shooting.Shoot it a few times to make sure it's zeroed no problems yet.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom