Vote maness or cassidy, today, for sake of 2nd amendment!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Already did.

Remember, if you don't exercise your right to vote, you don't have the right to complain!

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    She still has to receive 50% of the vote or else it goes to a run off. I don't see it as splitting the vote.

Math follks, MATH!!

Democrats make up 1.4 million of the state’s voters, or 49.8 percent, according to the Aug. 1 tallies by the secretary of state.

Republicans total 756,319 voters, or 26.75 percent of the total number of registered voters, while other party registrants stand at 662,276, or 23.43 percent.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Math follks, MATH!!

Democrats make up 1.4 million of the state’s voters, or 49.8 percent, according to the Aug. 1 tallies by the secretary of state.

Republicans total 756,319 voters, or 26.75 percent of the total number of registered voters, while other party registrants stand at 662,276, or 23.43 percent.

How many voters vote party lines? I know 3 people in my immediate family who don't.

Your logic is flawed.

Last edited:

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    The latest Rasmussen poll for today’s primary:
    Landrieu 39.6
    Cassidy 34.1
    Maness 10.4
    This is frightening. With Maness out of the running, I’m very confident that Cassidy would win. In a Landrieu-Cassidy runoff matchup, Rasmussen shows Cassidy up 48.0 to 43.4. This is FAR too close for comfort, and Maness’ votes ARE the difference.

If some of the other close races go the wrong way, and the balance of the Senate hinges on Louisiana, the Rats will pour EVERYTHING into a December runoff - every dirty trick, last-minute scandal, vote they can buy with cigarettes and bus fare, and every single dead vote - and Landrieu may very likely win. The Rats will probably focus on the runoff anyway, so a Landrieu defeat in the primary is a MUCH more desirable outcome. With the split R vote, defeating her in the primary is unlikely to happen.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Split the vote for a Landrieu win!! :dunno:

If we keep voting for the establishment candidate then they wont offer up anything better. I can hold my nose and vote rino in the run off but for now theres a better candidate on the ballot that didnt just switch over to make his liberal leanings more palletable to the voters.

Do you even wonder why the GOP throws so much money behind this kind of person? If you're satisfied with the state of the alleged conservative party then back their every move. I cant in good conscience vote like that with another option. YMMV

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    If we keep voting for the establishment candidate then they wont offer up anything better. I can hold my nose and vote rino in the run off but for now theres a better candidate on the ballot that didnt just switch over to make his liberal leanings more palletable to the voters.

I listened to Cassidy speak at a conference a few weeks ago in BR, and I couldn't stand the guy. His voice, mannerisms, and overall demeanor was cringe worthy to say the least. A true wolf in sheep's clothing. After saying all that, I was still dead set on voting for Cassidy this morning not to split the vote. Once I got in the booth, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't hold my nose and vote for him. I gave my vote to Col. Maness. Wasted vote? Maybe. I still think it's going to be a runoff between Cassidy and Miss Piggy. I'll hold my nose to vote then. My heart wouldn't let me do it this time with a better candidate on the ticket.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The latest Rasmussen poll for today’s primary:
    Landrieu 39.6
    Cassidy 34.1
    Maness 10.4
    This is frightening. With Maness out of the running, I’m very confident that Cassidy would win. In a Landrieu-Cassidy runoff matchup, Rasmussen shows Cassidy up 48.0 to 43.4. This is FAR too close for comfort, and Maness’ votes ARE the difference.

If some of the other close races go the wrong way, and the balance of the Senate hinges on Louisiana, the Rats will pour EVERYTHING into a December runoff - every dirty trick, last-minute scandal, vote they can buy with cigarettes and bus fare, and every single dead vote - and Landrieu may very likely win. The Rats will probably focus on the runoff anyway, so a Landrieu defeat in the primary is a MUCH more desirable outcome. With the split R vote, defeating her in the primary is unlikely to happen.

This race is a far drawn conclusion to be a run off. There was never going to be a straight up 50% + 1 on the primary. If as the pollsters predict; only 43% of the electorate shows up to vote, you are historically looking at more registered republicans and Independents going to the polls than democrats.

These democrats almost rely solely on bloc voting from minorities (if they show, a lever for a democrat they will throw). It's almost comical at this point. And dems are helped by dumb white women too, who buy into that war on women and pro-abortion crap.

She will make the runoff! Maness will not! The best shot to get her out was with Maness realizing that he would not win or make the run off, and at the last minute urging his followers to vote Cassidy. That opportunity is gone!

You are right though! They will throw everything into the runoff; and that is where it gets dicey! Because if the Maness voters pout and stay home, Louisiana loses!

There is another scenario that may cause this worthless woman from getting tossed out. If the republicans take the Senate tonight, then the fire to throw them all (democrats), out may dwindle.

I hope not!

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    How many voters vote party lines? I know 3 people in my immediate family who don't.

Your logic is flawed.

we'll see -- I hope for the 2nd Amendment's sake that I'm wrong.....if she does win you might as well start putting up "Hillary 2016" signs.....

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Met Cassidy a while back and thought he looked like a slick politician. Then I actually spoke with him and he seems very real and sincere - learned something about judging a book by its cover, I guess. Also did a lot of research on Manass. I like everything he says and the military background is a big plus. But his showing up as an unknown at the last minute in a critical race unnerves me a little. If he is what he seems to be, (and I hope he is) he'll be around for a while and I'll get to know him better and possibly support (and work for) him in future elections. Guess I'm a little gun shy regarding Louisiana politics. Go figure.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Met Cassidy a while back and thought he looked like a slick politician. Then I actually spoke with him and he seems very real and sincere - learned something about judging a book by its cover, I guess. Also did a lot of research on Manass. I like everything he says and the military background is a big plus. But his showing up as an unknown at the last minute in a critical race unnerves me a little. If he is what he seems to be, (and I hope he is) he'll be around for a while and I'll get to know him better and possibly support (and work for) him in future elections. Guess I'm a little gun shy regarding Louisiana politics. Go figure.

They were all unknown at one point. Maness has been around just without the big money promoting him. Theres a reason they want him unknown.

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    I'm voting Maness. Even if he doesn't win, I think the numbers voting for Maness should show that people are truly looking for change.

Regardless, Mary can't win!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is not a 3 way race, it's an 8 way race.

Even the poll numbers posted show that without Mannes there would still be a runoff.

Technically there are 9 candidates. In reality (the reality of elections and politics), this has been a 2 way race from the date qualifying closed. If you want to watch something interesting, watch how these mindless democrat bloc voters will all vote overwhelmingly for Landrieu. The other democrats are two white males, a black female, and a black male; and they will be grossly outnumbered because democrat bloc voters know exactly who they are to pull the lever for. The pundits will say it is because she is the incumbent and has history that the electorate can relate to; that is BS. Bloc voters have no clue what this woman has done! They are told who to vote for, and they obey!

The registered republicans and Independents will vote mostly based on the candidates positions, or past performances, or their likeability even. They tend to be better educated and will actually do some research on the candidates; and you will see numbers that represent that tonight. Even the Libertarian will take some votes represented of this. Many people believe that the Independents will come out heavily for the republican candidates and that is a direct result of pretender policy, and overall dissatisfaction with democrat stagnation because of it.

Again, (you may have to wait till tomorrow to see all the numbers on these lesser candidates), but you will see the difference.

U.S. Senate, Louisiana General Election, 2014
    PartyCandidateVote %Votes
    Democratic Mary Landrieu Incumbent0%0
    Democratic Wayne Ables 0%0
    Democratic Raymond Brown 0%0
    Democratic Vallian Senegal 0%0
    Democratic William Waymire Jr. 0%0
    Republican Bill Cassidy 0%0
    Republican Rob Maness 0%0
    Republican Thomas Clements 0%0
    Libertarian Brannon Lee McMorris 0%0
    Total Votes0