Walker Manslaughter verdict

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    My brother told me this morning that he seen on facebook that a man was just convicted of manslaughter for killing a home invader in 2015. Anyone have any more information on this case? Really curious as to why a man is going to prison for protecting himself and home from a POS thief.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_6099f82e-4f00-11e8-abbd-7f0085e79470.html

There is a whole lot more to the story. The robber had reason to believe there was cash to be taken at that residence because, wait for it, the parties had previous contacts around drug deals! And, the shooter told the robber to leave, then shot him in his car.

How in the world the defense thought they could claim a SYG case here is beyond all logic. This case is a great teaching example for CHP instructors, it illustrates so many bad decisions.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    He didn’t actually kill the guy.
    It should be noted that the perp Home invader chose the Home because he had purchased drugs from the *victim* previously and thought there would be cash there. The victim disarmed him and pistol whipped him then sent him packing. Then decided to go shoot at him in the car after the fact, wounding him. This action pretty much forfeits his castle doctrine-stand your ground defense.
    Oh, did I mention? Apparently the victim was later busted with a pound of weed.... yeah.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom