Want to cut off barrel on Remington 870????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter7

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    southeast LA
    Does anyone have any good local shops or people that can cut, rethread, etc on my 870 for a cheap rebuild into a tactical shotgun. Also, anywhere local that sells cheap parts for 870 rebuild. Thanks beforehand, Shooter.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I cut mine in a chopsaw then had a local machinist relieve and tap the barrel for $50.
    But my local and your local ain't exactly the same.

Last edited:

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Post an add for a trade, I met a member here who had a 20 inch barrel and he was looking for something longer for his turkey gun. Worked out perfect for both of us, and no money out of either of our pockets. Good luck

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I stumbled onto a used 18" barrel with night sights at a local gunshop. The tritium had faded mostly so I picked it up for about $40. I still have my old full length barrel also. Sometimes you get lucky! :)

shooter7

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    southeast LA
    I stumbled onto a used 18" barrel with night sights at a local gunshop. The tritium had faded mostly so I picked it up for about $40. I still have my old full length barrel also. Sometimes you get lucky! :)

Some times you do. Guess I will post for trade of shorter 18" barrel and see what happens.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I shortened mine with a new sharpened pipe cutter, did a darn good job. The trick is to go slow and let the cutter cut a little at a time. Use cutting oil. Then clean up the cut edges with swiss files , stones and 400 wet or dry and cold blue it.

Ares

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Scott
    I shortened mine with a new sharpened pipe cutter, did a darn good job. The trick is to go slow and let the cutter cut a little at a time. Use cutting oil. Then clean up the cut edges with swiss files , stones and 400 wet or dry and cold blue it.

I used a pipe cutter for mine as well.
    Ares

Top Bottom