Want To Rent .357 for a movie..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If not a Colt Python, what about a Mateba .357? Any idea, how many days the pistol would be used? It has to be worth my pistols time and effort! Are they insured for full replacement cost?

I don't know how many days they want it. Props isn't my department. Sometimes it's one day. Sometimes it's six weeks. I referred a few people here to the props master to handle those details. As far as I know, they worked something out with someone here.

And, yes, sometimes things happen and props get damaged. I saw a 1911 fall out of a moving car on the movie Carjack. So I wouldn't give them a family heirloom piece. When that happens the props master will offer to buy it from you at whatever value you agreed on BEFORE you rented it to production. There is a rental form you fill out and it's important to list the values of the things you are renting including accessories such as holsters.

ReSpEcT

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've got a nice piece of S&W history, but I dunno about letting it out of my sight. Its a Model 66 (no dash) .357 magnum with 4" barrel in stainless made in 1975. used in law enforcement all of its life and was retired with my grandfather back in 2007. It's a family air-loom, which is why i say it will never leave my sight.

A100C2DD-313C-4FE2-B52B-82D9B82BF184-22341-00000629AAF77D8E.jpg

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom