Wanted: Knife whore input

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Yes, I know that sounds dirty.

I need a new knife. I did something I rarely do...I lost my benchmade knife.

I don't have any knives right now, and I feel naked. I want to go buy something today and have it in my pocket by the end of today.

Major brand preferred. Nothing cheap. Needs to be in Baton Rouge area only.

Prefer a straight edge all the way down, locking is necessary. Assisted open would be nice, but not necessary.

Suggestions needed:

GO!

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Benchmade or Spyderco. Jim's has probably the best selection in town. Bayou Blades, over in Point Coupee, will get you the best price. But you have to make an appointment with Roy

Why not a combo blade? That serrated portion of the edge came in handy numerous times when I was on the road.

I have a cheap gerber I keep in the car if I need serrations. I don't carry it though.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Didn't have time to go looking high and low today, so I just bought an inexpensive ($50) benchmade 3" straight edge blade. It's a Benchmade Vex. Fairly nice knife, and should tide me over until I can order one online.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Didn't have time to go looking high and low today, so I just bought an inexpensive ($50) benchmade 3" straight edge blade. It's a Benchmade Vex. Fairly nice knife, and should tide me over until I can order one online.

Benchmade makes some good knives but in recent years they have gone to four grades of knives with the top tier being very good and the lower tier being just okay.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I will probably end up with a Kershaw or SOG once I get some time to do some research and shop around. Definitely going to order online. I just felt naked wearing pants without a blade on me.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I'm not a knife guy at all. I wanted to get some of the top brands, and specifically which models. Gonna look at reviews, and the knives themselves to see which one I like best.

I just needed a jumping point to find the best spot to get in over my head at.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Yup. Exactly like that one lol.

I didn't have time to drive to Folsom today though. Got some more stuff to do before I go to New Orleans.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The Backpacker used to have a decent selection, but its been a while. They're on Jefferson just off corporate.

If you go to N.O. there's a nice shop near the corner of Vets and bonnabel. Prices are fair, good selection.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Here's one of my grips. Sorry about blood, but not as sorry as the bull.

100_3700.jpg

Top Bottom