"WARNING" Do not bring yours firearms to On Target llc in Kenner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    In life we pick our battles. He should take the money required to file with the court and get the gun redone correctly. I understand he is mad. But why throw away more money after bad. BTW - That is some shitty looking work.

This was weeks ago about calls and emails. Buddy waiting to new year to start claim. Unfortunately he has to wait 30 after sending a certified letter for john to respond and if no word then the claim process goes to court per Jeff parish email claims court. They say he has to be given a chance to correct it but he hasn't yet so I don't think he will. Rules of small claims I guess.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This was weeks ago about calls and emails. Buddy waiting to new year to start claim. Unfortunately he has to wait 30 after sending a certified letter for john to respond and if no word then the claim process goes to court per Jeff parish email claims court. They say he has to be given a chance to correct it but he hasn't yet so I don't think he will. Rules of small claims I guess.

Jefferson Parish is still good about small claims suits. The filing is minimal expense. Sue him!

If all goes well, you can get to a writ of fi fa, and force him to sell those spray paint cans as restitution and as a service to humanity!

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Jefferson Parish is still good about small claims suits. The filing is minimal expense. Sue him!

If all goes well, you can get to a writ of fi fa, and force him to sell those spray paint cans as restitution and as a service to humanity!

What if the court says give On Target a chance to redo the gun. Then what? Would you let him touch the gun again? :ugh:
    To me it boils down to time and money. How much did the original coating cost. How much to file. How much time will you spend getting him into small claims. How much to get the gun re done. And if you win in small claims what is the probability of collecting. It seems like a whole lot trouble and money for a minimal return. I took an attorney to small claims and won. It was over $1,200.00. He payed plus court costs. Not to mention I had the bar on his ass. If this guy is doing shady possibly illegal things I'm sure the ATF is aware after reading these posts. If so maybe the hammer of THOR is about to drop on him.

Untranslate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2012
    Dunno if it is just Louisiana but there are a lot of crack pots in the gun industry here. Not to put a shadow on the good people out there. Plenty of them too.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    No. No contact from on target. Phone calls or emails non response to issues. After holidays my buddy will be starting the small claims process and taking him to court. This guy is a complete piece of ****. Coating still falling off.

Still seeing activity on their FB page. Dont know if he is the one operating it though as the original one is no longer available that he used to use.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Hover around his booth showing people what fine work he does. What an opportunity. I agree with a previous poster. You could give a chimpanzee a can of spray paint and turn out better work.

Yes me and my buddy are going to get poster board signs and walk in front of gun show next time. Work has us tied up till after holidays so we missed this last show. Then if we don't get kicked out we will stand on both sides of his table with our signs with pics of shitty work.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Yes me and my buddy are going to get poster board signs and walk in front of gun show next time. Work has us tied up till after holidays so we missed this last show. Then if we don't get kicked out we will stand on both sides of his table with our signs with pics of shitty work.

Or get a table next to his with posters of his work and the pistol. Have a picture of coating flaking off with bold words like TOUGH, DURABLE, etc. What could go wrong?

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    If this website on target guns llc in kenner is same thing you are all talking about just look at photo's of customized guns and coatings. Not pointing out the pink one because of color, but you can clearly tell that was done with spray paint and semi gloss clear.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Or get a table next to his with posters of his work and the pistol. Have a picture of coating flaking off with bold words like TOUGH, DURABLE, etc. What could go wrong?

Now that's a good idea never thought of that. Will talk to buddy about that. 70 bucks a table I woukd spilt it with him. You may see us there at next gun show. Will have to find out what to do to get 1 table. Even if we don't get next to his table just to be in there worth it. Just rifle stock and pics and flyers to hand out about the work he does. Great idea.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    If this website on target guns llc in kenner is same thing you are all talking about just look at photo's of customized guns and coatings. Not pointing out the pink one because of color, but you can clearly tell that was done with spray paint and semi gloss clear.

Look at the second page in this thread. I put up several of his "masterpieces" And yes it is him.

Last edited:

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Look at the second page in this thread. I put up several of his "masterpieces" And yes it is him.

Oh, wow I didn't see those you posted. I mean I picked one picture clicked it and instantly new that came out of Krylon can. You can see really bad tape jobs or what looks like to me instead of painting say the slide and frame separate it looks like it is just one big spray and coat.

*edit* there is a picture of a Kimber with a blue slide ..... there is no way someone who bought a Kimber got that back and was like "**** yeah, this is sweet"

Last edited:

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Oh I knew what you meant, guess I was feeling a little snarky this morning! ;) :D All good dude!

Well I saw a ugly colt in there and personally everything past mid 80's for me from them is overpriced and not up to their old standard, but I didn't want to make anyone call in to work today with the excuse "I can't come in someone is wrong on the internet."

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    Well I saw a ugly colt in there and personally everything past mid 80's for me from them is overpriced and not up to their old standard, but I didn't want to make anyone call in to work today with the excuse "I can't come in someone is wrong on the internet."

Well you know everything you read on the Internet is true.

Top Bottom