Warning Signs in Arizona Desert

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is slamming the Obama administration over government signs posted in the Arizona desert warning visitors to beware of illegal smugglers, saying the signs are hardly the kind of border security plan her state needs.

"This is an outrage," Brewer said in a new reelection campaign ad.

The ad shows the governor standing next to one of the warning signs in the middle of the Arizona desert, 80 miles from the border and, according to the ad, 30 miles from Phoenix. The signs have in recent weeks drawn attention from border-state lawmakers who say they demonstrate how unsafe the region has become. In the ad, Brewer noted that she recently met with President Obama, who "promised that we would get word" on the administration's border security plan.

"Well, we finally got the message -- these signs. These signs, calling our desert an active drug and human smuggling area. These signs warning people of danger and telling them to stay away," Brewer said in the ad. "Washington says our border is as safe as it has ever been. Does this look safe to you?"

The ad ended with a confrontational message: "Washington is broken, Mr. President. Do your job. Secure our borders. Arizona and the nation are waiting."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...warning-signs-arizona-desert/?test=latestnews

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Next, he'll be putting up signs to deny us access to our oil-covered beaches. Don't worry about fixing the problem, just keep everyone away so they won't get hurt. Great policy! :rolleyes:

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    What a jerk. This guy gives people who want easy immigration a bad name. He never answered any questions, he just made smug remarks about guns. I am not in favor of the law Arizona has passed but I would like to see them leave the Union as a result of this. I would support them in that.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Only 2 more years to put up with the most incomplaent leadership in our nations recent history.

I pray you are correct about the 2 more years; I KNOW you are correct about the incompetent leadership part....

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Mexico and the US Department of Justice could both filing lawsuits against Arizona. How about that? A foreign sovereignty and the USA against AZ.

Dave

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A state-wide tax revolt is starting to sound like a good idea. AZ should because they pay fed taxes yet get no assistance, and us along the Gulf are in a similar boat.
    What's the advantage of being one of the united states anymore?

Mexico and the US Department of Justice could both filing lawsuits against Arizona. How about that? A foreign sovereignty and the USA against AZ.

Dave

What court would that be in? Couldn't AZ just tell Mexico to stick it?

Last edited:

Saftman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Lafayette, La.
    They need to load all the Illegal's they can on buses & give them a ride to Washington D.C. & turn them loose. Then see how those idiots there like illegal immigrants.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    They need to load all the Illegal's they can on buses & give them a ride to Washington D.C. & turn them loose. Then see how those idiots there like illegal immigrants.

Guess you haven't been to DC in a while. DC, northern Virginia, and Maryland is full of illegals. Trying working in this area without knowing how to speak Spanish and see how that works out for ya.

If you wanna do something productive, have the illegals clean up the oil spill then deport them. Kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Today A.G.Eric Holder stopped the conviction on these today . I might have to rethink the 2 years on Obama .
    I might have to hire some body guards to vote in 2010 and 2012 .
    This is bullsh** . These guys were convicted and Holder called of the proscuters before sentencing . Guys we are in deep dodo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX4dcvIYk9A&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU[/ame]

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    This piece of flotsam is one of the reasons this country is in the state it is in. Why has he not been physically thrown out in the street and stripped of all his "Special" health care and his retirement that is ONLY available to these pustules on society's posterior??

Top Bottom