Wasr ak accessories, Grips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96ssindeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Livingston. La
    Sup guys! Been awhile but i back on and starting to pile some guns up lol. I just picked up a Wasr ak-47 and was looking at getting a few tidbits to perk it up. I'm wondering what kind of grips you guys use when changing out the stocker. I'm looking at two from mako, to be specific,
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MAKAG47S
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AKS-055

The two arent much different, just looking at what you guys think. I'm also lookign at putting a new muzzle break and getting a sight rail for an optic of some sort. Any input is appreciated!
    Thanks Chris

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    We took his AK to the range today with my AR and an FAL. The Hogue on his AK is super comfy (as is the one on my AR15) but I personally shot it about 6 times and decided the metal butt plate on his rifle sucked donkey balls and was very uncomfortable and gave it back, LOL. I guess my shoulder is too girly.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Anyone know of a range around the Baton Rouge area where I could take an ak? Precision firearms said you can't bring one unless you are a range member

We took his AK to Precision with no problem. Now, I will tell you this much. We called ahead of time and asked if we could shoot 7.62x39. They simply said .300WSM and down. We all came in with our rifles (and FAL in .308, my AR15 in 5.56, and his AK in 7.62x39) inside of hard or soft cases and of all three rifles they were most concerned about my AR15 and whether or not any of my 6 magazines had steel rod core ammo. We shot on the range, the RO checked on us at the 15 minute mark, and nothing was said.

The rule has nothing to do with the caliber of an AK, it most likely came from certain folks that tend to own folding stock choppas tearing up the walls, floors, and roof. Matter of fact, Lane 1 in the rifle side was disabled from someone managing to shoot the target cable to pieces. They didn't bat an eye at three upstanding looking guys from Livingston Parish. IMO, go with your rifle secured and look and act like a credible human being. I'm sure it depends on who is standing behind the counter but I bet it's a judgement call.

Last edited:

96ssindeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Livingston. La
    The rule has nothing to do with the caliber of an AK, it most likely came from certain folks that tend to own folding stock choppas tearing up the walls, floors, and roof. Matter of fact, Lane 1 in the rifle side was disabled from someone managing to shoot the target cable to pieces. They didn't bat an eye at three upstanding looking guys from Livingston Parish. IMO, go with your rifle secured and look and act like a credible human being. I'm sure it depends on who is standing behind the counter but I bet it's a judgement call.

Pretty much lol. I personally like the way it shots, love the grip. I can agree the buttplate seems like it could be uncomfy, bu i have fat shoulders. Haha

Top Bottom