We are officially ready for the zombies!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeM

ThatGuyMikeM
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Hammond, LA
    bought some of the 9mm zombiedefense, from what i understand its pretty much the same as the critical defense, so it should be a fine self defense load

Yes, I looked at the 9mm critical defense, and 9mm z max very closely. They appear to be the same load but with a green insert. Academy has them in slidell, both the crit. defense and z-max were 18.99. Im not sure if the critical defense comes with 20 or 25 rounds, but the box of z-max that I had came with 25.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I've been on the lookout for the Zombies which you all speak of, but I have yet to see the first one. Does anyone know when they are expected to arrive! I'm getting really tired of waiting! Us old farts need our rest!!:peep:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Maybe they'll now develop an anti-vampirc offering. If they really want to get into the land of fantastic, let's see a werewolf killer!

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes, I looked at the 9mm critical defense, and 9mm z max very closely. They appear to be the same load but with a green insert. Academy has them in slidell, both the crit. defense and z-max were 18.99. Im not sure if the critical defense comes with 20 or 25 rounds, but the box of z-max that I had came with 25.

Just about all Academy stores will be carrying it. The store on Airline has some already, but the store on Siegen is still waiting for it. Its basically just the critical defense handgun bullets with green filling and probably just their SST bullet with a green tip. The prices are actually right on par with the regularly packaged equivalents.

MikeM

ThatGuyMikeM
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Hammond, LA
    I had a good laugh at all the recent posts.

Just about all Academy stores will be carrying it. The store on Airline has some already, but the store on Siegen is still waiting for it. Its basically just the critical defense handgun bullets with green filling and probably just their SST bullet with a green tip. The prices are actually right on par with the regularly packaged equivalents.

Hammond doesn't have it yet.

I don't really care to stock up on this for zombies as i'd rather buy 100 white box JHP than 25 of these for around the same price if it came down to shooting zombies(never?). But for a couple boxes for personal defense use, they seem o.k.

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    "Maybe they'll now develop an anti-vampirc offering. If they really want to get into the land of fantastic, let's see a werewolf killer! "

Silver bullets? Can't wait to see THOSE prices...:doh:

Last edited:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    I think they did and it was a thousand dollars or more for a brick of pure silver. Weighed about a pound. Gunwebsites did a gag video about it.

Top Bottom