Weight loss and general health.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Unfortunatly I am in the opposite position. I am trying to GAIN weight back. In 2017 I weighed 260 lbs, today I am 145 lbs. I DO NOT recommend cancer as a weight loss program!!! it sucks!!! I am having a hard time getting enough nutrition because I have to drink most of my food. No taste, no smell, no teeth makes any type of food depressing! The silver lining to all that is I am still standing upright and breathing on my own. God is good, even to the wicked!!
    Hope things improve and you can pack some weight on. Sending you prayers and well wishes. Stay positive!

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Unfortunatly I am in the opposite position. I am trying to GAIN weight back. In 2017 I weighed 260 lbs, today I am 145 lbs. I DO NOT recommend cancer as a weight loss program!!! it sucks!!! I am having a hard time getting enough nutrition because I have to drink most of my food. No taste, no smell, no teeth makes any type of food depressing! The silver lining to all that is I am still standing upright and breathing on my own. God is good, even to the wicked!!
    Sorry hear about the cancer, but your alive.

Try this for a meal.

Whey protein, lactose free milk, frozen strawberrys and a banana

Blend all that up.

Even if you cant taste it will be cold going down and be filling for a while anyway.

Cook some sweet potatoes and whipped then up like mash potatoes and then put them in the fridge. Eat them Cold (yes cold) If you could taste, it would taste like sweet potato pie filling.

Its cheap and you can eat two or three table spoons a few times a day. One of the best carbs you can eat.

A couple of tea spoons of Peanut butter out the jar is good for some quick calories.

Things I did back in my Body Builder days.

I hope you recover quickly.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Currently down 105lbs since March this year, feel really good. Anyone struggling to lose weight just keep at it I’ve done tons of diets, exercise and fasting before finding what works for “me”. If you don’t get results change things up and try again just whatever you do “don’t give up”.

2A Travel

PM for Cruises, Vacations, Disney and More!
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2024
    Currently down 105lbs since March this year, feel really good. Anyone struggling to lose weight just keep at it I’ve done tons of diets, exercise and fasting before finding what works for “me”. If you don’t get results change things up and try again just whatever you do “don’t give up”.
    That is incredible! Congratulations dude!

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So I’m currently down 110lbs and pretty sure I’m starting to finally plateau with my current diet. I’ve been doing 1 cheat meal a month so I’ll probably bump it up to 2 cheat meals a month because I’m technically about 15lbs below my target weight. Still not doing any exercise, no muscle loss at all and all by eating all natural lean healthy foods. Physically and mentally I feel amazing!

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    A few people have asked what my diet has been so I’ll share it, I honestly don’t know anything about nutrition but this has worked for me and fortunately I can eat the same thing everyday.

Breakfast: I toast 2 slices wheat bread and fry 2 eggs in a little butter no seasoning and make a sandwich, I also drink a large black coffee.

Lunch: large black coffee.

Dinner: I cook a large chicken breast in a covered pan and steam a large portion of broccoli OR cauliflower on this meal I use a little low sodium all purpose seasoning and that’s it.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!

I have done one cheat day a month but even on my cheat day I still avoid sugar and limit my fried food intake normally just have a good dinner and a few beers.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    A few people have asked what my diet has been so I’ll share it, I honestly don’t know anything about nutrition but this has worked for me and fortunately I can eat the same thing everyday.

Breakfast: I toast 2 slices wheat bread and fry 2 eggs in a little butter no seasoning and make a sandwich, I also drink a large black coffee.

Lunch: large black coffee.

Dinner: I cook a large chicken breast in a covered pan and steam a large portion of broccoli OR cauliflower on this meal I use a little low sodium all purpose seasoning and that’s it.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!

I have done one cheat day a month but even on my cheat day I still avoid sugar and limit my fried food intake normally just have a good dinner and a few beers.
    Sounds like you're in a solid calorie deficit. Keep it up! And if you plateau, add in some weight lifting or bodyweight exercises.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Sounds like you're in a solid calorie deficit. Keep it up! And if you plateau, add in some weight lifting or bodyweight exercises.
    I’m very interested in learning more about calisthenics, I’m generally a minimalist so that’s probably why it interests me so much. Definitely gonna watch some videos and order a book or two on the subject.

What do you generally think about calisthenics vs weight/equipment based exercises?

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Read some about Rucking. I really enjoy being outside and rucking is a great excuse to go for a hike and if you want you can turn it into a full body exercise routine with very minimal equipment (a backpack & some sand)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I’m very interested in learning more about calisthenics, I’m generally a minimalist so that’s probably why it interests me so much. Definitely gonna watch some videos and order a book or two on the subject.

What do you generally think about calisthenics vs weight/equipment based exercises?
    I'm not the right person to ask as I love Crossfit (and currently F45), but bodyweight work is a key component of any exercise routine.

If you're not working out, start small with pushups, situps, squats, toe raises, pullups (or bar hangs), lunges, and stair climbing (if available, otherwise uphill on a treadmill).

Aside from that, everyone will benefit from throwing in additional stretching. Look up some intro to yoga videos and try things like touching your toes, upward dog, downward dog, and etc.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm not the right person to ask as I love Crossfit (and currently F45), but bodyweight work is a key component of any exercise routine.

If you're not working out, start small with pushups, situps, squats, toe raises, pullups (or bar hangs), lunges, and stair climbing (if available, otherwise uphill on a treadmill).

Aside from that, everyone will benefit from throwing in additional stretching. Look up some intro to yoga videos and try things like touching your toes, upward dog, downward dog, and etc.
    Thanks for the info.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Read some about Rucking. I really enjoy being outside and rucking is a great excuse to go for a hike and if you want you can turn it into a full body exercise routine with very minimal equipment (a backpack & some sand)
    Will definitely read up on it. Thanks

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Keep it in your mind that nutrition (and fitness) is part of your lifestyle. It's not a project with one end-goal then it's over once the goal is reached.

It's a lifestyle.

Keep up the great work!
    Feeling better, living better, living longer, are some of the main fruits of your dedication.

Top Bottom