Well, Crap Unemployed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Looks like I am unemployed now. Anyone know anyone hiring?

Been busting my ass for the last couple of years with this company that has great potential. Did not work out personality/ productivity wise.

So, looking for a job in the Monroe area, but can move.

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    Welcome to the club. Got mine on Feb.23rd. If it is oil field related there isn't much hiring be done around here (Lafayette). Until the price of oil goes up, which may be next year things are looking a little bleak. Good luck.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    You can usually find an industrial contractor hiring. Scaffolders, metal workers, electricians, people who sweep and flag for equipment all day for at least double what McDonald's pays.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    You can usually find an industrial contractor hiring. Scaffolders, metal workers, electricians, people who sweep and flag for equipment all day for at least double what McDonald's pays.

Where would I find this, and what are the physical requirements?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Can you do any IT support work?
    If so the company that I just started with may be hiring.

Headquarters is in Jena, but we support hospitals in other areas.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Any good at being a mechanic?

Check out Ryder. I know they're hiring. Put my name down as a reference and we'll both get a nice chunk of $$$$ too.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I don't know how you feel about being a pharmacy technician. Pay isn't great, but they are hiring like crazy EVERYWHERE. Only problem is, you need a tech permit.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Check with local government (civil service) where you are a resident. Pay wont be much but you'll get benefits like healthcare and all that while you look for something more substantial.

dad-e-o

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ponchatoula
    Within the next few weeks, all of the big box stores will be hiring. HD & Lowes will be filling garden center, lumber, bldg. materials. Academy, Dicks, etc, outdoor furniture, fishing, etc, Wally World - garden center, etc. All of them will be looking to fill the spring influx of customers needing physical help. These jobs may not pay much but the people who are out there and bust their ass for these companies and their customers will be the ones kept when layoffs come again. This is a great time to get a new job.

Regards,
    Chuck

svilardo_85

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    MANDEVILLE
    Boat city in Hammond is hiring give em a call see wuts up I do rigging we need more peeps sales my be hiring too we need some one who knws how to do fiber glass work

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    Fish will be biting soon and will be for a while. Apply for good jobs then go fishing and chill. When you really get to having big fun fishing you will get a call.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Where would I find this, and what are the physical requirements?

Chicago Bridge & Iron (CB&I) are at the local nuke plants and many other industrial plants, Jacobs Engineering, Williams to name a few. Try websites like USA Jobs for gov't jobs. The internet is your friend when job searching!

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Well, in an odd turn of events, I will be back at my old job on Monday. Will keep looking for a better job anyway. Easier to do if you have a little income coming in.

Thanks for the leads!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Well, in an odd turn of events, I will be back at my old job on Monday. Will keep looking for a better job anyway. Easier to do if you have a little income coming in.

Thanks for the leads!

That has to be a big relief. It's a rough time for a lot in Louisiana right now. Good luck with the search and I wish you the best.

Top Bottom