Well?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Anyone kill this weekend? We went to Red River WMA. My Father-in-law, brother-in-law and my wife's uncle and 2 cousins. Nothing going for Friday but her cousin got a 125lb spike this morning.

Darrell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2007
    this may sound kinda weird or whatever, but i am REALLY wanting to go hunting a few times this season before it goes away, and i just absolutely have NO idea where to go, and im not driving out to a WMA alone. If anyone ever is planning a trip one day out somewhere and needs someone to go with them, let me know! haha

Im really serious though.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    1 case of High Life and a 1/2 bottle of VO. Stayed in the camp outta the rain mostly. Ate too much and went through a 1/2 roll of terlet paper.
    Gonna try next week when they release the hounds.

jldak318

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2006
    so far this year is going pretty good for me. i killed a small doe with the bow openeing bow weekend, then the first weekend of rifle season i killed a 115 lb spike. last friday i killed a 100 lb doe and then last sat (dec 1) i killed a 160lb 5 pt. all of these deer was shot on my lease in clinton.

here is the spike and 5 pt i shot.

100_1548.jpg

100_1550.jpg

l_7ee273ffa4acc4591f5799469d093f9c.jpg

l_7ac473205351f2a9144abfdd0d9f0b14.jpg

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Show off.

I haven't been hunting yet this year and wont make it again this wekend either as I have to go to a one year olds birth-day party. Lucky me.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    None yet. But Christmas is coming! Last year I had 8 deer (plus a deformed spike buck in front) pulling a sled (that can't be legal- PETA must be throwing a fit!) on my lawn around the 25th. I couldn't get the bow out in time! I'm ready for him this year! I've scouted out a good tree for a deer stand across the street and sharpened my broadheads (no gun hunt on the east bank of Jefferson Parish, otherwise I'd be able to pick off the whole string). I figure I can get two does and a buck (maybe Comet, Prancer, and Vixen). There's a couple of other trees if anyone's interested, and 5 other deer. Not counting that spike, that one looked sick. Its nose was so red it was almost glowing...

Roast Reindeer

Finnish dish, quite easy to make and great with spicy sliced potatoes or mashed potatoes.
    4 servings 1 hour 10 min prep
    300 g deep-freezed reindeer meat
    100 g greasy pork or american bacon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 pinches black pepper
    200 ml beer (homemade, if possible) or 2 water

1. Melt reindeer meat just so that the meatslices get loose of each other. Cut the bacon up slices.
    2. Roll the beacon slices in hot pan so long, that the fat melts. Add the reindeer meat and brown it lightly with the bacon.
    3. Add spices and beer/water. Keep it under a lid for about a half an hour.
    (4. Prepare mashed potatoes, put it in a bowl and make a groove in the middle of the mashed potatoes. Pour the roast reindeer in it.).

Darrell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2007
    went out yesterday to put up a stand and feeder on the Base in belle chasse. Still hunted up a firebreak for about an hour at dusk and had one jump the trail about 80 yards away. All i had was the 12 ga. w/ a slug in the first shot. If he/she would've been a tad bit closer i could've caught it crossing the canal. Thats all I've seen this season so far (only been out twice)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom