went see my cousin at LCIW today and...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    noticed in the front of the office there was something new.. i talked to my cousin and there is a new program the prison is implimenting for those who want to give money to their loved ones.. instead of bringing cash money upon visitation or sending a money order directly to the person, you're going to have to send your money to this company... the company will charge you $3 for offerings under $20 then scale up from there... my thing is that why is the system making it difficult to provide money to offenders? how much money is the state making off this company? who made the deal? from what i gathered, there were people working for the state that was stealing the cash directed to offenders and the state had to fork over the difference, but to make the public suffer for the thieves they have working for the state isn't a correct solution...

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    sounds to me the only difference is that now they're telling you up front they're stealing money from you. At least now you know to add 15% to whatever you want the person to receive.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    dont even get me started on how ignorant some of the rules they have are..

Like them not taking the paperwork to add a person to the list? "No, you HAVE to mail it in and wait 4-8 weeks, oh and your wife has to leave the premises entirely while you go in." WTH? She can't just go chill in the car? She has to LEAVE the compound completely? Stupidity at its best.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    Like them not taking the paperwork to add a person to the list? "No, you HAVE to mail it in and wait 4-8 weeks, oh and your wife has to leave the premises entirely while you go in." WTH? She can't just go chill in the car? She has to LEAVE the compound completely? Stupidity at its best.

you can wear shorts, but you cannot wear jeans that have holes in them... you cannot bring a handgun onto property, even if it says in your car.. no digital cameras allowed inside the building... you cannot mail CDs to offenders, but they can buy the same CDs from the "bookstore"..

It's called PRISON for a reason. If you don't like what they have to offer maybe people will not go back. It's not supposed to be 'not so bad'.

doesn't change the fact that the state government operates in ignorance and is sent money and rewarded for it's incompetience...

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    you fail to understand that i didn't do anything to "land me in jail" and government contracts affect EVERYONE who pay taxes...

I know your not incarcerated. Services out of jail cost money. Why should it be any different in jail.
    I wish prisoners had to pay their way with work. I'm tired of my tax dollars supporting people who make bad decisions.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    you can wear shorts, but you cannot wear jeans that have holes in them... you cannot bring a handgun onto property, even if it says in your car.. no digital cameras allowed inside the building... you cannot mail CDs to offenders, but they can buy the same CDs from the "bookstore"..

Also very stupid. Seriously? So, if I want to go out after going to see my mom, I have to drive all the way home to get my firearm? Wow. Glad she's getting out soon.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    A lot of facility rules and regulations exist because past incidents merited their implementation. Like the digital camera rule, which is a facility's way of ensuring you don't photograph an inmate for potential targeting, or photograph secure areas in an effort to design an escape or way to smuggle contraband. Same thing with the CDs. Buying CDs from the prison's "store cart" is their way of ensuring that no outside influences can tamper with, alter, or embed any sort of message or communication. The Customer Service at most facilities is below par. However, it is not their intent to ensure complete satisfaction and enjoyable stays.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Wow...it's not like RUSSO is the one in prison, his cousin is, just as my mom is. Just because we don't like the rules doesn't mean we don't still love our family members. If all you have to say is crap like, "don't get sent there," then shut it. We're not the ones incarcerated.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Wow...it's not like RUSSO is the one in prison, his cousin is, just as my mom is. Just because we don't like the rules doesn't mean we don't still love our family members. If all you have to say is crap like, "don't get sent there," then shut it. We're not the ones incarcerated.

Sorry your mom is in prison. I stand by my post.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Some people here give me the shits. Its easy to say something when your not the one dealing with it. I know here its $16 just to put money on card at once. Also was $5 per roll of toilet paper, tell me if that makes sense?

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Some people here give me the shits. Its easy to say something when your not the one dealing with it. I know here its $16 just to put money on card at once. Also was $5 per roll of toilet paper, tell me if that makes sense?

Exactly. When it's your family member that you love that ends up in prison, you'll understand. Until then, you won't. I'm not the reason my mom is in jail, I'm sure Russo is not the reason his cousin is in jail. We didn't want them to be there, but they are, that doesn't mean we don't care about them any less. Do I support what my mom did that got her sent to prison? Absolutely not, and in fact, is part of the reason I want to get into law enforcement.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom